Fish tank?

pennysbored

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything negative about having a fish tank in LO's room? I just thought it would be nice for me to feed in a soothing environment.
I was just wondering if having actual fish in the room would have any drawbacks.

Don't think there is any reason why not!! Obviously you will not leave it without a lid or anything.. :lol:

Hope it looks nice :)

I can't see why you shouldn't have one in there, as long as once they start pulling themselves up on things they can't get anywhere near it. We took Sam to an aquarium a few weeks ago and he loved it - he's always enjoyed looking at anything with lights and moving things, and I wish I had something like that to look at when I was spending every waking hour feeding him for the first couple of months! x

Yeah, I didn't think that there would be any serious drawbacks, and I'll ask the doc, to be sure, but I've got this empty tank, and I'll need a nightlight anyway...I'd imagine the water sounds would be nice for everyone, along with the soothing glow.

i think its a lovely idea honey, very soothing, but as sam's mum said obviously once their off and about just be careful, maddi was probably try to suck it if we had one :rofl: x x x

we're puttin one in the kids room for a christmas present!

Wouldn't see a problem apart from a sothers say when LO is on feet make sure tank doesn't go over ones head lol!!

Yeah, I didn't think that there would be any serious drawbacks, and I'll ask the doc, to be sure, but I've got this empty tank, and I'll need a nightlight anyway...I'd imagine the water sounds would be nice for everyone, along with the soothing glow.

You'd have to find a very good filter to hear the 'soothing' water. It's what I first thought too, but I can tell you from personal experience that having 7 aquariums in 1 bedroom is far from soothing! We're now down to 3 up and running in the bedroom, and the filters and airpumps still drive my DH nuts.

Aside from that, I don't see why it would be a problem. It will be quite noisy, but I doubt it would keep your LO awake. Depending on the size of aquarium you've got water changes might be a bit of a hassle if it's in a second floor bedroom. But all in all, it still sounds like a brilliant idea to me =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->