fit and weight gain....

Kimbre

DD 7 years. SO and baby
Reaction score
im slowly starting to freak out. i cat stop thinking about how fat im getting with this baby! its my second, however, my DD is 7 years old. i was bigger when i got pregnant with her so it never bothered me, plus i didnt really gain much bc i could eat normal(fruit ect) with this baby i was the FITTEST ive ever been and i had abs! my first trimester i was SO SICK i couldnt eat or drink, when i did all i could keep down was CRAPPY foods. like toddler food. fruit loops poptarts, chinese fried anything. i CANNOT eat very healthy or i wanna throw up. i stopped working out as i couldnt stomache it, and also i was worried about miscarriage since we had one the year before.

i work 4 10 hour days so im SO exhausted at the end i dont workout. i might get in two workouts a week IF im up to it.

i feel like a BLOB! my boobs aRE huge! I cant fit into anything and my love handles and thighs are GROSS! can ANYONE help? i feel like im losing my mind. my BF thinks im being silly. im VERY happy we are pregnant but all i want is to have our little girl and get back into my tiny tops and shorts that i worked SO hard for. i was very unhealthy and over weight and it took about a year to really get into the swing of diet AND EXERCISE and im scared im gaining it all back!!! HELP!?

any kind words or stories would help

in the photos on top left i just found out i was pregnant. the top right was when i lost all the weight.
the bottom im 21 weeks at the gender reveal and 22

Attachments

• 20150617_104924.jpg
    20150617_104924.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 20160113_002850.jpg
    20160113_002850.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 32
  • PhotoGrid_1445394428097 (1).jpg
    PhotoGrid_1445394428097 (1).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20160621_173945.jpg
    IMG_20160621_173945.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20160629_075219.jpg
    IMG_20160629_075219.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 40
I think you look fab! You don't look like you've gained a lot of weight.
I'm exactly the same though, I'm so miserable about the weight I'm gaining. I was a size 8 and very health conscious, and since becoming pregnant all I've wanted to eat is crap ALL THE TIME. I feel like my arms and legs are huge and disgusting. My boobs are also ridiculous.

i feel the same about my arms too. but my thighs are touching now! i was a size 2 in a dress....no way im that now....:(

I have also lost my beloved thigh gap!! :(

I feel so damn lazy. But I'm so tired all the time. Slowly my hips are expanding and my waist line. I hate getting dressed. I hate going out with anyone in public. I don't get it, I see all these women who are all belly, never gain anything in their hips or thighs! I want to eat right and workout but I just can't! And that's so not like me. My hubby says that once I have her I'll be back to my fitness/crazy healthy ways. I'm just scared I won't, or wine have time with two kids I don't know! Maybe I'm just crazy and in about 6 months from now I'll come back and post an awesome before and after. I just think I need to accept my fat fate right now

Oh Honey I completely understand - the fear of losing control is insane! I think what I have forgotten from last pregnancy also is just how wide (as in from the side) you look when you're pregnant, straight away your ass looks way bigger as just above the pubic bone is growing too. But honestly you look like you're all belly in the 22 week pic don't worry. I think at this stage (20ish weeks) our belly's are not THAT big yet so you kind of just feel blobby, whereas when you get into the 30 weeks the rest of your body looks smaller compared to your round bump.

I cannot wait to pop this baby out and breastfeed all the fat out ha ha haaaaa. Cannot wait for my body to be mine!

you look great ... Im also gaining in the mid section ... Im hoping to not gain too much of weight as I already have a lot to lose ..

Oh Honey I completely understand - the fear of losing control is insane! I think what I have forgotten from last pregnancy also is just how wide (as in from the side) you look when you're pregnant, straight away your ass looks way bigger as just above the pubic bone is growing too. But honestly you look like you're all belly in the 22 week pic don't worry. I think at this stage (20ish weeks) our belly's are not THAT big yet so you kind of just feel blobby, whereas when you get into the 30 weeks the rest of your body looks smaller compared to your round bump.

I cannot wait to pop this baby out and breastfeed all the fat out ha ha haaaaa. Cannot wait for my body to be mine!

Im really hoping this is true bc right now i dont even have much of a belly its just my hips and thighs that have expanded. its hard to feel pretty and sexy like this. my hubby says im sexy and always wants me, but im having issues with even him seeing me naked!!!
i heard that when you pop your skin stretches and your love handles kind of go to the front? i wonder if thats true?

im wanting to get back into fitness moderately now, to limit any more EXCESS fat. i have three days off after today and i find it easy to workout on my days off. everyone says i look fabulous and that they cant see ive gained.... but i CAN! i cant even fit into my cute purple sweat pants! im like a stuffed sausage in them when normally they hang off me! its so nice to know im not the only one concerned and thank you all for listening to my rants.

i too, cannot wait to push this baby out!!!

I really do get it, you work soo damn hard to get to a point, you feel awesome, sexy etc and all the rest of that.

But you are sooo much more than what your body looked like pre pregnancy.

You have a beautiful body, doing a beautiful and very important job right now. And maybe you need to be kind and loving to yourself?

And definitely believe your boyfriend when he says you look great and more!

For me, fitness and health is (hopefully) a life long thing, so when the baby is here and I am strong enough, I hope to start my usual exercise routine. As right now, I have barely managed in the whole month- i am run down, and going through horrible tonsillitis too.

Best of luck!

youre right i know that deep down. its just hard! also i feel better when i workout and im healthy but i just cant right now as im SO tired all the time after working all day!:( im thinking ill get right back into it once i have her.

youre right i know that deep down. its just hard! also i feel better when i workout and im healthy but i just cant right now as im SO tired all the time after working all day!:( im thinking ill get right back into it once i have her.

Just be cautious about doing too much too soon. I injured my back in January from doing too much exercise while my ligaments were still all loose from pregnancy and I am still having to go to physiotherapy and am having quite a bit of back pain and it is now almost 7 months after the initial injury. I would rather stay chubby for a bit longer than to have to be injured for such a long period of time.

I really do get it, you work soo damn hard to get to a point, you feel awesome, sexy etc and all the rest of that.

But you are sooo much more than what your body looked like pre pregnancy.

You have a beautiful body, doing a beautiful and very important job right now. And maybe you need to be kind and loving to yourself?

And definitely believe your boyfriend when he says you look great and more!

For me, fitness and health is (hopefully) a life long thing, so when the baby is here and I am strong enough, I hope to start my usual exercise routine. As right now, I have barely managed in the whole month- i am run down, and going through horrible tonsillitis too.

Best of luck!

Well said. And ditto.

I feel you Kimbre! But you'll lose it afterwards! :winkwink: I was always very petite (like you, a size 2), and gained 35 lbs with my DD. I remember not being able to slide on my swimming shorts a few months along (those shorts usually hung off my hips and I literally could only get them halfway up my thighs! :haha: ). I lost it all within 5 months. With my DS, I gained 30 lbs, and lost it all in 4 months. It's hard work, but you'll get there! My goal this pregnancy is to gain 25 lbs, but if I gain more, whatever! I'll be a tad disappointed, but I won't dwell on it. Try to get over your self-consciousness and let your hubby indulge! :haha: My hubby was away on business when I was at my chubbiest with my DD, and he kept telling me how he felt he missed out! :rofl: He won't see you like that for long! This is only a phase! Also, I'll just mention that I LOVE home workout DVDs post pregnancy! It's fast and efficient! Lindsay Brin from momsintofitness.com is my all time favourite! Xxx

Remember most of that weight is not fat stores. A lot is fluid retention and the tissues that make up and support your baby.

It's so scary to go from being fit to pregnant. With my first, I was in the best shape of my life and tries really hard to minimize weight gain while maximizing health. I didn't want to return to my previous high weight.

But pregnancy weight is not the same as overweight weight.

Despite my best efforts, I gained 37 lbs. 20 lbs disappeared within a month because it was water and baby. I lost all but 4 lbs by 6 months postpartum without being able to exercise much. My body needed to heal.

Unfortunately, I gained 10 pounds once my daughter started weaning, but that's another story.

Remember how amazing your body is and all the things it has done for you. Right now it's supporting another life. How cool is that?!!!

I'm totally feeling this same way. I lost 30 lbs a few years ago, went down to a size 0, and vowed to NEVER gain the weight back. However, over the last couple years I haven't weighed myself and noticed I was slowly outgrowing my skinny clothes, even with regular exercise and eating pretty well. And I thought ok, maybe I gained 10 or so lbs back...Well, at my 7 week appointment, they weighed me and I had gained almost all the weight I lost back! I was devastated and started eating SUPER clean, and working out daily. Now at over 12 weeks, I not only haven't lost weight - I GAINED 3 lbs since last Friday! I'm just so sad and I pray the weight will come off after the baby comes. I will continue the clean eating and exercise throughout the pregnancy and just hope some good comes out of it.

I'm totally feeling this same way. I lost 30 lbs a few years ago, went down to a size 0, and vowed to NEVER gain the weight back. However, over the last couple years I haven't weighed myself and noticed I was slowly outgrowing my skinny clothes, even with regular exercise and eating pretty well. And I thought ok, maybe I gained 10 or so lbs back...Well, at my 7 week appointment, they weighed me and I had gained almost all the weight I lost back! I was devastated and started eating SUPER clean, and working out daily. Now at over 12 weeks, I not only haven't lost weight - I GAINED 3 lbs since last Friday! I'm just so sad and I pray the weight will come off after the baby comes. I will continue the clean eating and exercise throughout the pregnancy and just hope some good comes out of it.
You will lose it! I wanted to lose the last little bit I lost right before u found out I was preggo, but couldn't bc I wasn't being honest with myself. I wasn't eating totally clean and would skip two sessions at the gym a week. Once I got back on track I ate healthy 99 percent of the time and worked out almost everyday. I was in the best shape of my life. So I guess that's why I'm so scared. But I feel like I will deff lose it all again if it makes me this upset to feel chubby

Remember most of that weight is not fat stores. A lot is fluid retention and the tissues that make up and support your baby.

It's so scary to go from being fit to pregnant. With my first, I was in the best shape of my life and tries really hard to minimize weight gain while maximizing health. I didn't want to return to my previous high weight.

But pregnancy weight is not the same as overweight weight.

Despite my best efforts, I gained 37 lbs. 20 lbs disappeared within a month because it was water and baby. I lost all but 4 lbs by 6 months postpartum without being able to exercise much. My body needed to heal.

Unfortunately, I gained 10 pounds once my daughter started weaning, but that's another story.

Remember how amazing your body is and all the things it has done for you. Right now it's supporting another life. How cool is that?!!!

The doctor tried telling me alot was water weight but I just wouldn't believe her. My love handles and hips are awful, I can't fit into anything cute. My boobs are triple D now! ? Are you serious. Ugh! Im tired all the time and sick alot too, I just don't feel myself. But you're so right that pregnancy weight is different than over weight. I just have to deal. Thanks lady

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->