Five year old - Expecting too much?

Aw that's sad :-( could someone have her on Saturday while her mums shopping and just play, watch tv etc?

Something my daughter likes is to have a friend round and they just play, they're never any trouble either, they amuse themselves, it's actually a 'break' for me in some respects, obviously I check on them and make sure they're alright, but I get loads done at the same time. Usually it's the neighbours kid, who's a bit older, she's eight. Sometimes though its kids her own age.

That does seem quite a busy week! But remember that during the school hols everything stops, so she will have loads of time to play with the toys and as she hasn't played with them for a while it will all seem new again!

Is she not tired Lucy is knackered after her week in school and she only does dancing once a week and swimming when DH is off, she could prob do with a day at the weekend to chill xx

She still should have time to play in all of that. She does do alot of stuff but if she enjoys it then it seems a shame to stop doing it. She does still have Tues and Thurs to play and also realisticly shopping and church don't take all day. I do a weekly shop and it takes me about an hour to do the shopping and another 2 hours wandering round the town/having a coffee. I also go to church, usually twice on a sunday, and that leaves from 12 until 6pm for the children to play.

I agree with a PP-when holidays come around she will discover her toys again.

It to me still seems like she has plenty of free time to play, but if she is unhappy then I would look at stopping if she wants to one of her clubs, its great that she is losing her weight easily as well :flower:

My DS is 6 and he has a very full schedule, Monday is roller hockey, Tuesday he goes ice skating with his mates, Weds is a free day, Thursday he has ice hockey training, Friday is football, Saturday is guitar lessons and Sunday is Ice hockey training, he still has time to play though, these lessons and so on apart from a Thurs and Sun are only 3 hours at most each and if he ever wanted to stop any of these we would without hesitation, but for him he needs and likes to busy, he asking if he can start basketball and karate, not sure when we are going to fit these in as well :wacko:

That is great she has this social and active life now- but I can understand how that might be a bit much for her. Kids need downtime too! My SD would be go go go ALL the time if we let her. As a smaller kid she literally wanted to do every club and/or activity in the book! LOL. We had to hold her back- as she would run herself raggid then wonder why she was tired or grumpy by the end of the week.

Maybe find at least one day a week she can have some "down time"- just some play at home time. Or- maybe your Mom could make a point of having some down time each night before bed- like 20-30 mins before lights out where she could sit and play with her Mom or even alone- or maybe make a point of having a friend of her's over a few times a month for a play date (?)

We make sure our oldest has a little time each night to just relax. Just like we do :) Seems like there should still be plenty of time for that- maybe just ask your mom what she does to fill her down time? She might just need more "play" time with friends or allowed time to be creative at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->