flashing lights in a range of colours and shapes in my eye

Mummy_to_be87

Reaction score
I am currently sitting here with a rainbow of coloured lights and shapes in my right eye like I had two weeks ago, at least I know it is blood pressure or a migrane but they are freaking me out!!

Shoud I just wait until they go away or do I need to go to hospital?

My DD is here with me and no one to look after her which makes me panic!!

Visual changes are a sign of preeclampsia. You should at least call.

I would ring them as you don't want to be driving (if you are) like that with your dd or yourself. See what they recommend

I read up about this before, could be low iron. See if they can test your levels

I really should ring the hospital but I dont want to be kept in while no one is here for DD right now, but I have taken a numbness on my right hand side down my arm, fingers and tongue and on the right hand side of my head, it has gone now and I only get a tiny numbness on my right arm if I fold it, I feel sick too, I dont want to bother the hospital if its only a migrane :dohh:

Def call or go in hun better safe than sorry!! the numbness sounds very unusual for a.migraine. gl hun :hugs:

I get this before I get a migraine, its called an aura. Sometimes in both my eyes, and literally can't see since its like looking through a kaleidoscope. Could you call your doctor or public health nurse if u are really concerned or to be sure it's not something else?

I have been having small bouts of colored sparkles in vision usally from bendng or sitting fast or over doing it with chores, my BP was 120/69

If your having one sided numbness with it it could be a stroke. I'd call emergency. If there's no one there they'll have to take DD with you surely?

I have no idea about the numbness but I had this daily along with dizziness for a good fortnight before I told my midwife, She sent me to hospital where I was monitored and turned out my iron and haemaglobin levels were below normal range so was sent home with irom tablets, I've felt fine ever since, So hopefully it is just your iron levels which is easily treated but best to try and find a sitter & go in, As you never know!!..x

I was wondering the same thing! Hope u r alright!

I really should ring the hospital but I dont want to be kept in while no one is here for DD right now, but I have taken a numbness on my right hand side down my arm, fingers and tongue and on the right hand side of my head, it has gone now and I only get a tiny numbness on my right arm if I fold it, I feel sick too, I dont want to bother the hospital if its only a migrane :dohh:

I see people with this on my ward all the time hun (I work on a stroke ward) and it probably is a migraine but if you call for advice or go in and get checked up then noone will think you are wasting their time because there are other possiblities and you need to look out for you and your baby.

I used to get migraines with aura which are similar to what your describing. Of course there's the pre-eclampsia worry so I would call the doc or midwife.

My mum was diagnosed with eye migraines (yes I'm being serious!) It's not very common and she describes it as a beautiful diamondy rainbow of colours that dance across her vision. She quite enjoys watching it... Unless she's driving :) Google it, it could be that!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retinal_migraine

I had this with my last pregnancy but so far not with this one.
Mine lasted for about 4 months and went away gradualy about 5 weeks after giving birth.
Mine where always they same colour though, bright blue and would shot across my eyesite in a split second every half hour or so.
I went to the dr but as I was sure it was somrhing to do with blood pressure but the dr said she had never heard of it being a pregnancy thing before and my bp checked out fine.
I would go to the dr to get it checked and be carfull with driving as if its anything like mine was it can be very distracting and can suddenly startle you.
I was crossing thw road once when it happend and suddenly thought a car was coming and turned too quickly and fell over, must have looked a right idiot in the middle of a empty road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->