Flea protection for cats

Miss_Bump

Reaction score
We have been using FrontLine on our cats for years and never had problems but since we have been having nice hot weather the cats are just scratching like mad even tho ive been regularly giving them their flea treatment.

Is there anything else I can try?

It could be from ticks or mights or just generaly the heat creating sore flakey skin.
Another thing that is really common at the moment is mange from all the foxes coming out with a lot more food from bbq and stuff being left around.
Probably best to get a vet appointment to get it checked out if they are normally ok.
Im personally not a huge fan of flea drops after reading a article a few years back about a lot of them are actually made for dogs and only packaged for cats as a side line and can have random out of the blue severe effects on cats even death.
I think it has changed a lot since then after a big investigation was done to make sure the dog one wasn't packaged for cats again though.

I'd been using frontline for years and last summer my cat got horrendous fleas even though he was 'frontlined'. Pets at home staff told me that Advantage was better so have been using that instead and has no problems since.

I've just been reading up on that Advantage and it's got great reviews. Plus you can get it online for £9.77 for 4 months worth. Seems like good value to me. Gonna get some ordered and use that from now on.

Yea don't use frontline. My vet said fleas are resistant to it now and he doesn't recommend it anymore. We use advantage once a month during summer to prevent and use drontal worming drops every 3 mths. There is advocate which is both flea and worm treatment in one tube but you have to pay for a prescription £13 here and then pay for the treatment on top of that. But advantage is the best one for fleas anyway.

I second advantage! Our cats still got fleas with frontline xxx

Advantage all the way! Revolution is good too but tends to give cats hairloss and for my cats that are inside only they do not need the other portection. Stick with the name brands as when frontline works there has been talk about the generics not. Something to do with the carrier medicine is different and not as effective. I am in New Jersey, USA(east coast) and for years frontline has not taken care of the fleas.

Glad to have found this thread! I just posted in a group but needed some advice as my cat is infested, ew.

I'm going to check out Advantage as Frontline hasn't worked for her at all.

Glad to have found this thread! I just posted in a group but needed some advice as my cat is infested, ew.

I'm going to check out Advantage as Frontline hasn't worked for her at all.

Seems to have worked great so far!

We also have sprayed our house with Indorex spray which is about £8 per can but it was the best thing for fleas in the house and lasts up to 12 months! Would defo recommend that!!

We treat are cats but does anyone no the best flea stuff for carpet. I don't want cheap stuff from the vets it's £20 but can't reamember name but they are hit today so do anyone no where I could get a decent spray

I bought some indorex spray and so far it has exterminated all fleas. I haven't been bitten all day!

I think mine might be indorex - I'll check but if it's not, I'm definitely buying some!

Jasmine's fleas are all dead on her now thanks to the new treatment but there's still some around the house so I'm keen to get rid of them quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->