Fleece Liners and Rinsing.....

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
So I'm told that flushable liners are more helpful for catching harder poops and fleece will be better while I'm EBFing - his watery yellow seedy jobbies will be mostly absorbed by the fleece.

Do you rinse the fleece liner? Do people rinse their nappies in general?

My MIL looked at me with slight disgust that I wasnt soaking nappies before putting them in the washing machine.....am I missing out an important sanitising step here? If I've had a messy or 'big' poopy one I have blasted if off with the shower head and cold water then chucked in the pail. :shrug:

:help:

Yip, thats exactly what i do and always worked fine for us :D

Same here and yea i'd rinse the liner if it was covered in poo :lol:

The nappies say DONT wet pail now... my mum thinks its insane too :dohh:

I use thick flushable liners for Liam. They retain "most of" the explosive EBF baby poo. I do not flush them, though, since they have a reputation of clogging toilets (plus I heard water treatment plants were'nt fond of them!) and just throw them in the bin. I rinse pooey nappies (in Liam bath water so I don't waste too much water) and brush them with a vegetables brush I keep for that purpose. If needed I use a little gall soap too.

Thick liners are reusable if no poo stains. I just throw them in the nappy bucket!

I think my MIL thinks there are big turds going round the washing machine.....:dohh:

I use a dry pail and when Hayden was only breastfeeding I didn't rinse any diapers (didn't use the liners at the time) I did spray off his fleece ones when I started using them when he was eating solids. I think I only had 1-2 diapers stain with the yellow poo but after washing more and more it eventually came out

I rinse the liners and nappies b4 going in the nappy pail. There's a sink in the "poo room" which makes it easier.

I rinse poo off nappies then dry pail, i dont tend to use liners

I'm horrible, I never rinse! :o I did try once but it's so liquidy there didn't seem to be much effect... I'll be rinsing when the poos get solid of course.

I think this was Claire - when Sid pooped in a towel when he just got out the bath, I just chucked it in the machine....

We use fleece liners for BF pooh and I rinse them in the sink in the bathroom if it's particularly explosive :haha: x

I use fleece liners and she doesnt have solid poo's at all, i rinse the liner and the nappy and then dry pail and wash! I find the dirtyness just slides off the fleece so easily and it hardly ever even gets on the nappy's!

I dont really use liners either? I'm far too lazy to go get a liner out when she needs a change :rofl: And as for poopy ones sometimes I rinse, sometimes I just chuck them in the bucket as I do as wash every other day or so as I live in an apartment and the smell would be unbearable else! and it gives them less time to stain.

I used to rinse BF poos of they were big. Now his poops are solid they just roll off a fleece liner and leave next to nothing behind ; they stink more but they are actually easier

More solid poos are easier although orange and green was todays fare :haha: (sweet potato and broccoli)

Adam's pre-weaning poos used to get everywhere, I really only used liners for the stay-dry benefit, as the nappies still got covered and sometimes stained. I rinsed them in the bath, spraying them with my thumb over the shower hose to get a powerful jet, then dry-pailed. Now his poos are solid and unless he's sat in them and squished them into the liner, they just flick right off into the loo. Post-weaning poo is SO much easier to deal with. :D

Adam's pre-weaning poos used to get everywhere, I really only used liners for the stay-dry benefit, as the nappies still got covered and sometimes stained. I rinsed them in the bath, spraying them with my thumb over the shower hose to get a powerful jet, then dry-pailed. Now his poos are solid and unless he's sat in them and squished them into the liner, they just flick right off into the loo. Post-weaning poo is SO much easier to deal with. :D

Yep but maaaaan they stink! :sick:

it gets soooooooo much easier when the pooes get solid :) tho if they stick its a little nastier :sick: but yeah ...BF poo rinse and dry pail :) the modern nappies say not to wetpail as it damages the PUL (waterproof bit) ...if we have a really horrible one i put the liner in the pail and soak but thats it :D xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->