Fleece or paper liners Poll

bjl1981

Reaction score
Just wanted to know who used fleece liners and who uses paper.
Also, where do you get your paper liners from? I've been getting Mothercare ones, but they work out at 2.5p each, which is expensive I think. Can't decide whether to swap to fleece. If I knew when he was going to poo (he only poos once a day) I'd just use a liner then!!!! but no such luck!
Also, what fleece liners do you reccommend, or has anyone made their own?

I didn't use them all the time but when I did I only used fleece. I didn't like the idea of paper...part of the reason I have him in cloth is so he's not wearing paper so it defeated the purpose lol. Fleece is soft and comfy. Good thing about fleece is it doesn't fray, so you can just take any fleece blanket (100% polyester fleece is what we always used) and cut it to size and use that...ends up being really cheap too

I prefer fleece, will only occasionally use paper. My priority for a liner is its stay-dry function against wee rather than its nappy protecting benefits or ease of poo removal. I've found that no matter what I use, if Adam poos it gets into the nappy itself and usually the wrap, too, anyway, since his poo is liquid.

I have a mixture of fleece liners, some cotton Little Lamb ones and some home-made polyester fleece (cut up fleece blanket). The LLs are the softest and I'll get some more in the bigger size when we need them. The polyester ones are fine, not quite so soft, but they're functional and I don't mind throwing them away if they're especially rank. Some of them have retained a pooey stink but because they're bits of old blanket, I don't worry about stripping them.

I have some Mothercare paper liners, which I used one of and will never use again - they feel like old-fashioned tracing paper bog roll to me, and a roll of I think Tots Bots liners, which are a lot softer, like a dry disposable baby wipe. But I think paper is a bit rubbish against newborn poo. Might feel differently when his poos are firmer.

I use Little Lamb fleece liners, and love them.

We used a few paper ones when she had runnier poo, I used OneLife then, as they were very soft and not papery at all.

:)

I use fleece and make my own!! I just cut up a cheap fleece blanket, and it's really soft on her bum and keeps her really dry. It also protects my nappies really well, and makes washing them easier.....
......And I never occasionally throw the odd one away that is full of poo when I'm feeling lazy...honest :blush:

i answered none as i use pocket nappies most of the time and i only use liners for the stay dry factors - so i only use em when i use a pop in or a terry etc ! so she keeps her bum dry !

i very very rarely (cant remember when i last did to be honest) use flushable liners but when i do i use boots own make - they are the softest i can find and you can cut em in half or quarter depending on the size of the nappy so they go even further!!

hope this helped a little :hugs:

sara

xxxx

fleece ones, i cut up a load of fleece i had, ive made matchy ones to her nappies lol

i dont ever throw poo ones away either :rofl:

x

I use pockets mainly but at night with my bamboozles I use fleece. Its for stay dry not poo removal and when i tried paper they just bunched up and were pointless!

I use fleece when the nappy doesn't have a stay-dry inner. I also used the tots bots liner to start with but it doesn't make any difference with BF poo & they bunch up if my LO's been wriggly! You'll also find that BF poo washes off quite easy & if you have a bit of stain they sun out. Maybe when DD's older & start weaning, I might try the paper liners again :)

I've just started using fleece ones from weenotions (they're sooo beautiful and match the wipes I bought). I used to use mothercare paper ones but no matter how I put them in the nappy, they always ended up creasing and getting stuck to Leyla's girl bits which can't be comfy! I also found that the paper liners don't keep her bum dry at all and newborn poo goes straight through them.

I second boots own brand liners... they are lovely and soft :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->