flip covers

sahara

Me, my OH and DD Nicola
Reaction score
today 2 of my flip covers had wicked/leaked around the edges. They hadn't been on ages - although the insert was soaked. I have had them like this m\ny thimes before without any problem.

Is it possible the covers have died - do flip covers die eventually. I have bought a few preloved

i would have thought that if the inserts were soaked you just need to boost them a bit, the wee has to go somewhere eventually

x

I've read on CNT that the elastic on flip covers goes fairly quickly... and 2 covers i bought preloved deffo seemed to wick.

I've been having some problems with this too which is a shame. I suspect though that Aisling is holding her wee and then has one big mammoth one taking the nappy and me by surprise!

I got my Flips when they were first released (think it was in January this year?) and the same 9 covers have been in continuous use ever since then, so for the last 9 months. The elastic is still going strong and we rarely have leaks. If we do have a leak, it's usually cos the insert is completely soaked. As sugarpuff said, eventually the wee has to go somewhere and unless you superglue them to baby's legs, if there's wee sloshing around it will leak eventually :rofl:

I suppose with preloved, you wouldn't know how they'd been cared for so maybe the elastic could go? Say if they'd been regularly soaked or even if the elastic had been very stretched around the legs instead of moving up a rise setting. You'd be able to tell if the elastic had gone by comparing it to one you know is fine. If they are different I would send them back under the 1 year guarantee. If you bought some new you should have an invoice somewhere!

I got them at release too- the BOGOF and mine are fine! No leaks or wicking and Madam McChunky Thighs is putting the elastic to the test :haha:

Id look into boosting!

Mine have never leaked - even if I leave her in it for ages and when I do change her there is wee slopping around the inside of the cover as the insert is full.

You do have to put flips on a lot smaller than other nappies which is what I think is the problem with them leaking - mine are on the tightest setting and my lo is 8 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->