Flow to fast?

c1403

Reaction score
Hello Ladies

I am three and a half weeks in BF my DD2 (didn't work out last time)
The past couple of days I've noticed that she gets very frustrated sometimes on my right breast...usually half way through a feed I think my flow increases and she cant keep up so she pulls off (ouch) or coughs. Today she was quite sick too so I think she took too much too fast.

Anything I can do when the milk comes in too fast? As i said its not at the start of a feed but halfway or towards the end.

Thanks

x

My lactation consultant today told me that leaning back during the time she usually chokes cab help slow the flow.

Maybe you are getting a second let down? I would also suggest leaning back. Alternatively you could unlatch her and wait a second for the flow to slow like when you have a fast initial let down.

I had this as well. Positioning make a great difference. Make sure baby is not in cradle or laying down position. If baby is more upright or angled, it will help. You are still early and your milk will adjust and eventually there should not be so much, but some people just have a fast flow. You can even google breastfeeding positions for fast flow for more ideas. Good luck!

Will look into positons as on this side I struggle to get comfy (even harder if I am out in public)
Thanks all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->