Flower name alternatives

JessyG

cautiously pregnant #1
Reaction score
I am a keen florist and absolutely love flower names for baby girls however I know they are very popular and was looking for some alternatives.

I do love the following

Daisy
Poppy
Holly
Willow
Rose
Cherry (love this as already have a Cherry blossom tattoo on my wrist)

My OH hates Cherry but quite likes poppy and daisy but can you think of any alternatives that i can go to him with!

thanks so much!

I love Daisy and Willow, both on my list for any future girls!

Other ideas..

Lily
Jasmine
Violet
Calla
Iris
Heather

I like the names above a lot ^
Yours are nice but i would not use Poppy

please dont use Poppy or Daisy there very much little girls names and age terribly

rose is a classic

others include:

Holly
Fern
Willow
Jasmine
Lily
Ivy
Nigella
Primrose
Lotus
Heather
Iris
Rosemary
Sage
Hyacinth
Laurel
Juniper
Petunia
Tansy
Violet

I do like Rose alot and I think my OH does too. He hates Willow which makes me sad as its one of my all time favourites.

I prefer Rosie or Rosemary over Rose. I also don't think Daisy ages bad, it's like a grandma name in fact :D Few other suggestions:

Fiona
Lilias
Rowan
Flora
Laura
Eirlys(snowdrop in Welsh)

yeah i would call her Rosie but she may not want such a cute name when she is older so she could revert back to Rose. I am going to try and persuade my OH on Cherry as I just love it!

I prefer Rosalie but Rose is very pretty! (said- ROSE A LEE)

If this one is a Girl, We will be using Rose or Iris as the middle name :)

Iris is a hand me down middle name lol (it's mine and my grandmothers) funny because I remember on occasion people saying my middle name was horrid! funny how names turn isn't it ! lol x

This decision is sooo difficult. I now really like Olive but my OH doesnt.....I reckon at this rate I will have to give in and go with his favourite name of Lucy!

Personally I don't think I would call a child Cherry.......Blossom maybe, but not Cherry. (I only say this because it might invite a few innuendos!)

I like:

Jasmine
Ivy
Flora
Willow (I know OH said no but it is beautiful!)
Violet
Lilac
Lily
Rose
Holly

Oh god, I never even thought about that...thanks! haha poor wee scone she'd get all kinds of comments at school.

That just reminded me we did originally think of Belle or Bella but as her middle name will be Jillian I couldnt allow her to be called BJ!

We are using flower names for middle names this time.

Aurelia Iris
and
Anais Rose

We already have a girl called Briar Amelia, so that is kind of plant related lol.

I like Primrose (Prim) very pretty :thumbup:

xx

I love Poppy, Daisy and Willow from your list and also love Holly and Ivy

Linnea
Fuchsia
Melissa
Daphne
Aster
Madrona
Dianthus -- never heard it as a name, but its pretty

My girls went to school with a girl named Maggi, short for Magnolia, and a girl named Rhoda, short for Rhododendron.

How about Cerise, French for cherry? Not my thing personally, but it tones down the whole cherry thing.

Cherry Or Willow for me both beautiful names x

Love all of these, my Great Granny was one of 13 girls and all had flower names.

I have a Kaysie Blossom and was undecided if her first name should be Blossom so obviously really like that. I also fell in love with the name Autumn Belle but doesn't go with our surname.

Other flower names?

*edited*

thanks for the suggestions ladies. we have done a bit of a 360 and back to our original favourite of Belle or Bella (thats still undecided) we originally discounted it cause her middle name was to be Jillian after my OHs late mother but we are going to use Rose as a middle name as thats a family name too. So as of nos she is my beautiful Bella Rose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->