flubbery belly

Babydance

Reaction score
how did you ladies get rid of your flubbery belly? It's not skin its very soft fat!
I've started doing 50 situps a day and i do crunches like theyre going out of fashion! lol I've been doing a 30 min fitness video which i cant always keep up with so jump around for the bits i cant get lol
Is this enough?

I do sometimes do backwards sit ups they hurt lol Whats the best exercise to do for this?

Heelllpppp lol xxxx

Hi, I'm no exercise expert (having trouble staying off the biscuits!) but just wondered if your difficulty getting rid of the mum tum might be to do with the muscles underneath (trans abs)? My midwife detected separated stomach muscles in me, which it seems is quite common from pregnancy / birth. I've been to physio and have been recommended exercises to help the muscles re-join. If you google it (separated stomach muscles) you'll find more info - maybe get checked out just in case? Not all midwives detect it on your postnatal checks - my first one didn't, then I had a visit from a different one and she found it.

Some of the info on the web seems like doom and gloom, but my physio was much more positive and said the muscles should be fine if I do the exercises, but that it's hard to lose the excess outside until the muscles inside are sorted. The exercises are pilates-style (eg. hold stomach muscles in as if you're trying to get them to touch your spine - I'm not very good at explaining though! - better to see a professional!). Most importantly, sit-ups, crunches etc are not recommended while muscles are separated (nor is hoovering, tee hee!! :haha:) so if it is something that has affected you then you need to find out so you're doing the right exercises. Of course it might not be this in your case, but I just wanted to make you aware from my experience especially as your question is about not being able to lose the flubbery belly and I have the same issue!

Sorry to be so long-winded! Hope it gives you another angle to consider.

BTW, I read your pregnancy and birth diary and some of it's very similar to my experience! My baby was born by Ventouse (eventually, after 4 hours of pushing after I was told he'd be here within half an hour!), I also only took G&A, despite my low pain threshold where I also find a smear a nightmare!!

Good luck with regaining your figure! I just need to hold off those biscuits....

Both diet and exercise will aid in helping to regain your figure. In general, following a healthy balanced diet and doing 30-60 minutes of moderate intensity exercise 5 times a week should do the trick. If you are having dififculty in attaining this level of fitness, try building up to it gradually. Best of luck! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->