fluffy bum users...

gills8752

Mum of 2 Girl
Reaction score
hiya, by any chance has anyone got a broken cloth nappy they were going to through away...? I'm wanting to make my own reuseable breastpads as the ones you can buy are useless for me and i dont want to have to buy a nappy and wash it a million times to make it absorbent enough. I thought someone might have a nappy they were away to throw out etc...please??

Sorry if I've misunderstood but do you mean like a terry nappy? I don't know how useful any other kind of nappy would be for making breastpads! If you do buy a new one (or you can buy the fabric from various sites), you don't necessarily have to wash them a million times, you can get away with handwashing them with a little bit of detergent, then soak them in a bucket overnight.

I dont know much about cloth nappys but anything which is absorbent would be great x

I don't think you'd get much material out of a cloth nappy other than a terry nappy, that's all! If you don't mind man-made materials, you can get white microfibre cleaning cloths in Tesco - 3 for less than £1 - they'd be ok. You can get the coloured ones (usually bright orange I think) from other supermarkets, £1 shops etc. Fleece works well to keep moisture away from the skin and is a good waterproof outside layer too :)

Maybe you were thinking of a bamboo terry booster??? Totsbots do good ones, I guess that would work, with fleece on the other side, as Rachel suggested?:shrug:

microfibre would be fairly bulky, as would cotton, youd deffo want bamboo

x

I don't mind about bulky as they'll be for wearing around the house, I'll use dispoables for going out. I'm just hoping someone's got an old nappy they were going to throw out that I could pinch off them!

Gill,

If you dont get any off here, take a look at Cloth Nappy Tree, they have a freecycle section where you might get one free for postage. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->