Flying with low lying placenta

Smooch303

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I wonder if you'd be able to give me advice please.

I'm currently 17 weeks and have a low lying placenta at the moment and high blood pressure which I'm controlling with medication. I've had a small amount of bleeding today which I'm trying not to worry about.

My husband and I are due to fly when I'm 27 weeks and I was wondering if anyone had problems flying at that stage with a low placenta and high blood pressure.

Any advice would be great.
Thank you.

Hi ladies,
I wonder if you'd be able to give me advice please.

I'm currently 17 weeks and have a low lying placenta at the moment and high blood pressure which I'm controlling with medication. I've had a small amount of bleeding today which I'm trying not to worry about.

My husband and I are due to fly when I'm 27 weeks and I was wondering if anyone had problems flying at that stage with a low placenta and high blood pressure.

Any advice would be great.
Thank you.

Not much advice sorry but if I t was me I wouldn't fly..
If preterm labour happens your going to be away from home and in another country.:nope:

Speak with your doctor..
Sorry can't help more :flower:

I flew (within country) at ~27 weeks with complete placenta previa, but I hadn't had any bleeding at ALL my entire pregnancy (still haven't), and cleared it with my doctor first. If she'd recommended against it I may not have gone.

I did carry all my medical records with me though, and had addresses and phone numbers for the closest hospitals to each airport and hotel I planned to be at, as well as a plan to get there if needed.

I'd ask your doctor for advice, and also see what happens on your later ultrasounds...often a low lying placenta diagnosed before 20 weeks will move anyway.

If you have a low laying placenta and you have any bleeding at all, you should get it checked out immediately. It can be a big warning sign. When you see the doctor, ask them about flying.

If you have a low laying placenta and you have any bleeding at all, you should get it checked out immediately.

Oh, i missed that part about you bleeding. If you bleed you need to call your doctor asap, even if it's just a little.

Thanks for the advice ladies.

I have been bleeding a small amount and I called a doctor who put me on bed rest and to monitor it for 48 hours. Today I had a small clot this morning but no bleeding since and just a pink discharge.

I'm actually due to see another doctor today so I'll ask her to check us out. Fingers crossed.

We've decided not to book a flight until I've had my 20 week scan and see if the placenta has moved up.

I never thought being pregnant would be soooooo stressful!! :wacko:

I'm glad you're getting good care from your doctors. :thumbup:

Try not to worry too much, I think most people who have a low lying placenta don't still have it at the end of their pregnancies. Complete previa tends to be the one that doesn't move nearly as often, but since you don't have that...fx for you!!

Thanks tigerlily.

I had a scan from the doctor tonight and the placenta isn't completely covering my cervix so that's one bonus.

The problem that's overtaken that one now is that I've been having contractions!! I've been put on some medication to stop them but now I'm just a worried state.

Take care of yourself. Hope it all settles down soon. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->