Flying

sam's mum

mum of two gorgeous boys
Reaction score
We're flying up to Scotland tomorrow for a wedding and I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for on the plane. It's not a long flight but Sam hates having to sit still for more than a few seconds, so I don't think he'll appreciate being stuck on my knee! Especially without noisy toys to play with...

Do you feed during take off and landing to help their ears? Anything else I should be prepared for?! x

Anyone? We leave early in the morning and I'm dreading it in case he's a nightmare on the plane :rofl: x

I'm sorry I don't know as I haven't ever been on plane with Ally! I have read that feeding during take off and landing helps with their ears though so I think that's a good idea for sure. Have a great flight! Hopefully he will be so overcome with excitement that he'll just fall asleep for the whole time!

I'll brb hun...away to do a search for you as theres been a few threads about this recently

Thanks so much both of you... Mamafy you're an angel! Desperately trying to pack and get Sam off to bed (both very unsuccessfully :rofl:) x

here's some hun

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-toddler-club/79664-flying-tips-please.html

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-toddler-club/79295-airplane-tips.html

It isn't as daunting as it seems :) hope you have a nice time hun :hugs:

You're a star..thanks so much! :hugs: Sam is finally asleep on my knee - going to take him up to bed (for the third time!) then have a read :D

Why can't he just wake up one morning with all his teeth and get all the pain over in one go?! :rofl: x

here's some hun

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-toddler-club/79664-flying-tips-please.html

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-toddler-club/79295-airplane-tips.html

It isn't as daunting as it seems :) hope you have a nice time hun :hugs:

Perfect - thanks so much! Feel a lot more relaxed now, and hopefully he'll be tired enough to sleep as we're getting him up early! It's only a short flight anyway but he hates having to sit on my knee! Shocking what some people will do with their kids on a plane! x

Hope your flight goes well, if it's a short one you should be ok. Ruby had a dummy to suck on when we flew, but I suppose a bottle if it's that time or a drink of water when taking off and landing. Probably the worst bit is on taking off and landing when they have to be strapped on your lap, once the plane is up and the seat belt sign is off then it'll be easier to keep him occupied, you never know he might just sleep the whole way!!!

Hope your flight goes well, if it's a short one you should be ok. Ruby had a dummy to suck on when we flew, but I suppose a bottle if it's that time or a drink of water when taking off and landing. Probably the worst bit is on taking off and landing when they have to be strapped on your lap, once the plane is up and the seat belt sign is off then it'll be easier to keep him occupied, you never know he might just sleep the whole way!!!

Thanks... He hardly ever sleeps during the day so it's unlikely but I can probably keep him still if I feed him! I will have breasts and a bottle of water all ready :rofl: x

:rofl: its shocking isn't it? :shock:

Especially the woman who stuck her baby on a pillow under the seat in front so she could have a few drinks!! :shock: x

The tales of a flight attendant eh? :shock: I suppose we shouldn't be shocked, some mums go on holiday and leave the kids at home :shock:

True...at least she'd taken her child with her! I'll be staying well away from the alcohol at 10am :laugh2:

I've lied to OH about the time we need to be there so hopefully it won't be a last minute rush for a change! x

Good thinking :lol: actually its me you'd need to lie to about the time, I'm forever running late :hissy:

Good thinking :lol: actually its me you'd need to lie to about the time, I'm forever running late :hissy:

Nobody is worse than my husband, trust me!

Especially if we're going to the airport or a wedding - nothing worse than creeping into the church behind the bride :rofl: ...and this time we're going to both! x

He was so good :cloud9: He spent most of the flight there trying to give the sick bag to the man next to me, and slept most of the way home :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->