Foley Catheter Induction

northern_me

Reaction score
Anyone have personal experience with this? Did you need pitocin to help? My OB is going to either induce me or do a c-section at 38 weeks. Since I am HOPING for a VBAC, this is my only option for induction.

I was induced at 33 weeks, it ultimately failed because I had to have mag sulfate, but the first part, with he Foley bulb, worked great. Got me to 3.5-4 ish overnight.

I'm having this too as am also attempting a VBAC but only if I go overdue by 10 days... Am really hoping things getting moving naturally before then! x

With DS I had this. Put it in at 4pm and I was 5cms by 9pm! And in full blown labor just from that! Midwife says it can either put you into labor or they wait till it falls out and start you on pitocin in the morning. At 9cm my contractions stopped and I ended up with pitocin anyway but the Foley catheter was great!

That is so encouraging. I googled it and ended up on a forum where everyone was saying it was torturous. Not exactly what I wanted to read.

Katestar, are you going to use EPO to try to get things softening beforehand?

Did you use it, Ashleypauline?

Granted, mine was well premature, so it may have been different, but it was really just a slight pinch going in, and then I got period type cramps while it was in, nothing torturous at all.

Since I'll be shooting for a VBAC this time, if I do need to be induced this is the method they will have to use for me.

That is so encouraging. I googled it and ended up on a forum where everyone was saying it was torturous. Not exactly what I wanted to read.

Katestar, are you going to use EPO to try to get things softening beforehand?

Did you use it, Ashleypauline?

Not sure what EPO does? I'm going to google it now x

You take capsules orally/vaginally and it is supposed to soften your cervix so things should progress faster and makes induction easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->