Folic Acid - Advice/Discussion please

flapjack10

Mum to mini ginger ninja!
Reaction score
Hello!

I've just read that women trying to conceive should take folic acid supplements. I just wondered if anyone on here takes them and if they buy branded or own brand?

Does anyone take any other sort of supplements?

Cheers in advance!

I take tesco's own brand pregnancy multi vitamins. The dosage is slightly less than the branded ones like Pregnacare but I don't think it's significant enough to make a huge difference and it's way cheaper. x

Thanks arlene! This is a bit of an alien subject for me, trying to get my head around it. I was thinking of getting own brand ones too.
Have you done anything else to 'boost' your chances? Changes in diet or lifestyle. I'm thinking of giving up booze. I'm giving it up for Lent anyway so might extend it further!

I take tesco own brand folic acid... Just as good as the other stuff just costs less! The tesco ones are in the correct dosage too so you literalLy just need to take one per day

X

Thanks LDC! I'm going to pop to Tesco and get some tomorrow. Do you take anything else at all?

hey hun i use asdas own folic acid tablets.. and i also take a multi vitamin.. they are wilkinsons own brand :)

Thanks lewsmom! Deffo going for own brand and will get multi vitamins too! I thought I wouldn't have to worry about pills anymore coming off BCP! Nevermind I don't mind doing it for a healthy :baby: !

Here's some :dust: for all you ladies!

:)

I don't take anything else, the OH takes zinc tough. I didn't want to overload on the vitamins, I eat healthily and don't drink often, my nurse spoke about folic acid only so I only take that. I might try evening primrose or similar if weve been trying a good while xx

i have started taking folic acid, i just popped into holland and barrat and i got 250 tablets for £3 so i thought that was good !

Yeah, my OBGYN told me to start taking a prenatal vitamin, which has folic acid it in, so I've been taking that. Plus an additional folic acid tablet once a day that I had already been taking. Hmm wonder if that's too much folic acid.... haha :shrug:

When we decided to start trying. I started taking a prenatal right away. That way when I did get pregnant I would already have all the correct vitamins because i'm not one to take 3 or 4 different pills.. I forget:)

I also started eating a bit better, cutting out rubbish and fizzy juice as well. By this time last year I had lost 10lbs but unfortunately I put 4lbs back on! I've started going back to the gym to lose some weight before we have a bubba. Don't to make losing baby weight any harder! Although I've already spoken to my gym instructor so we can put a baby safe programme in place when I do get pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->