folic acid side effects

babymammy

Pregnant- 1st trimester
Reaction score
i finished my pill on the 6th march and had a withdrawel period a few days later, on monday i started to take my folic acid tablets(400mg) and yesturday i was ill. keep getting hot flushes, feeling sick, fatigue, no appetite wot so ever. we did have unprotected sex once on monday but surely theres no chance that these are pregnacy symptoms. we didnt have sex purposely to try but just got carried away. has any1 else had any side effects off folic acid or does any1 know what these symptoms could be?

Folic acid itself has no known side effects, however the powder the FA is suspended in can have side effects. if your symptoms continue, change brands :hugs:

For more info on folic acid, click the link in my signature that says 'FOLIC ACID'.

It's possible that you're pregnant, depending on exact dates. So for now I would behave as if you are, just to be sure. But I think it's more likely that your symptoms come from your system getting used to life off the pill. There's also a change it's the FA but the symptoms you're describing seem to be too strong for that to be possible. I'd maybe switch to another brand of FA like Tegans Mama suggested but don't stop taking them in case you are pregnant. If your symptoms don't get better within a week or get worse I'd go and see a doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->