Folic acid

C

cloud9

ladies

i have googled all day and cant find any answers!!!

anyone else taking folic acid before ttc and having problems?! i seem to be having about 3 sometimes even 4 bowel movements a day this last week :blush: i have been taking it for 9 days now. i read that your body will "flush out" any excess folic acid that your body doesn't need so i have been going to the toilet alot more than usual! and i dont know if it has an effect on BC but this is my last packet and AF hasn't showed up yet -i'm now 3 days late :wacko:

anyone have any ideas what it could be?

hey i have been taking FA for about a week now and i am experiencing the same BM, dunno if it due to the folic acied or my nerves over my exams i have 2mro lol! maybe give it a while, just make sure u are keepin hydrated and eating lots of things like toast to bulk it up, u dont wanna be losing water in ur BM's.

Hope that helps hun

Alicea x

I can only speak for GNC's Megawoman that has a lot of Folic acid in it and it makes me go to the bathroom a lot more!! I think it's only healthy as it might be flushing out all the stuff you don't need?

Are you taking a multi supplement form of FA or just pure FA? Maybe try switching brands or try pregnacare for conceiving that's what I used when TTC and had no bathroom issues.

Also if your having issue try not to eat foods that will make you go a lot.X

im taking folic acid with multivitamins - i have been careful with my diet but it has not changed in the last few months and i have been drinking enough water as i always have at least 1.5 litres a day every day!.. i have had 2 bowel movements today already! my stomach feels really weird when i put pressure on it or try sucking it in - i am so bloated! bleugh. i went out for a jog today and could not bring myself to run my legs feel so fatigued.

thanks ladies i might stick it through this week and see if my toilet business improves lol it could be the folic acid and multivitamins kicking me into shape :blush:

:hugs:

update: i fell asleep only to wake up feeling really hot came through to hubby to be who was cooking fish for tea and proceeded to spew for the last 10 minutes - man i feel like crap!! the whole day i've felt like someone has done the toilet in my mouth also! so does that mean the folic acid i took earlier didnt work cos i was sick?

cloud9-any chance u could be pregnant?? depends on what time u took the folic acid as to whether it worked, it takes a few hours to be absorbed.

xx

seems like i have all the symptoms of pregnancy anyway does it i thought it might be something to do with me taking folic acid and extra vitamins. i stopped taking the pill 3 days ago. im pretty sure i didnt miss any though but that didnt make a difference for me last time .........i got pregnant by taking 3 packets in a row! as directed by the doctor... who then prescribed me the very same pill again. should i take a test if AF isn't here by the weekend?

I have recently started taking folic acid, but my problem is I went the other way in the bathroom department, I have been very bloated and constipated :wacko:, not a nice feeling also have had other pregnancy symptoms but am defo not pregnant....Never mind I hope its just my body trying to get used to taking it.:winkwink:

ooh shortie not good! :hugs:

ive been taking FA for about 9 days now... i took the same one (from boots the mum-to-be with multivitamins) when i found out i was pregnant the last time and i was fine so i dont know why im reacting to them this time! argggh!

id take a hpt if the symptoms dont change by the end of the weekend, keep us all updated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->