Follicle tracking

Sophia17

Reaction score
I have just started on a round of clomid and my doctor wants to do follicle tracking this time. Just wondering what I should be expecting in terms of results. I had an ultrasound yesterday, and have another one scheduled for day 10 and day 24. Can anyone tell me how many follicles is good, what size they should be, or anything else I should know?

hi! in my clinic they look for anything over 1.7cm / 17mm as mature, and they also test estrogen levels which tells them if theres likely eggs in the follicles. As for the amount, I guess when on clomid they hope for more than 1 egg, so 2 is good, 3 or 4 even better (although some clinics are nervous with that many and IUI but when you are over 35 they dont seem to mind 3 or 4 follicles just warn you theres a chance of multiples). First month on Clomid I had 3 follicles and second month I had 4. Im not pregnant....yet!
they should also look at your lining, they usually want over 7mm, mine was 10mm and 8.5mm.

Thanks! Can I ask another question, (sorry if I sound clueless) .... What is the difference between a follicle and a cyst? Do they look different on the u/s?

Thanks! Can I ask another question, (sorry if I sound clueless) .... What is the difference between a follicle and a cyst? Do they look different on the u/s?

I think they can only tell the difference during your period, there shouldnt be any large follicles then as ovulation would have been weeks earlier and she said I had a little 'something' on one of my ovaries but didnt look anything to worry about. once they looked at my bloods they said it was ok.

when I had 4 follicles right before ovulation my estrogen was around 2000, so that supports that amount of follicles. If someone had 4 follicles and estrogen was low perhaps they would know it was a cyst or empty follicles.

good luck....come and join my thread as theres a few people on clomid on there and we can talk follicles some more!!
https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-...rtility-treatments-year-trying-iui-month.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->