food at 6 months

M2B83

Reaction score
hi everyone :flower:

so Charlie is now 6 and a bit months old and we started early weaning about a month ago. Its going really well and he seems to be thriving on the food!
at present he has porridge and fruit for breakfast, a third of a jar at lunchtime and a bit of baby rice with a few cubes of veg (parsnip, carrot etc, whatever I have blended and in the freezer).
Once he is eating a bit more I will then start giving him smaller portions of our food for his lunch (from the night before).

in terms of portion sizes I have NO idea what is right, too much, too little, when to introduce a bit of toast, breadsticks etc and how much.

can anyone please share what they are giving their little ones please around this age or around 7 months?

thanks in advance!
x

I've always gone by a portion being what the child can cup In their palm. One portion of carb, one protein and two or so of veg. When I make purre of our dinners I use this but then sometimes it will make two meals if there's also apple sauce in there and extra veg (Sunday dinner for example).

I give my 9 mo who is like a 6mo (premature) half a stage 2 sachet followed by a small yoghurt as a meal.

Try baby led weaning!! You can give all the foods you eat. Just cut things in to big chunks/strips and let em at it! Things like toast, pasta, veggie, meats, fruit, all without mushing/blending! And I would agree, something along the lines of their palm size worth, then keep upping it as they get more and more intersted in food!
www.Babyledweaning.com is a great resourse for more info or Gill Ripley wrote a great book on the topic! :D

We do a mix of tw and blw, for brekky we have porridge/weetabix, (2tbs of porridge oats or 1 weetabix, I mash in some banana as well....lunch is blw a cheese spread sandwich, some toast, bits of fruit like strawberries, grapes, pear slices, quavers are a fave here :£)

For tea I have pre made up pots, to begin with it was in ice cube trays and I would use two a meal at first (started with puréed veggies at first) now it's in meal sized pots that I freeze and it's usually mash potatoe, with mashed up veg and some chicken/meat xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->