Food!!

H

HanaK

I'm after suggestions of quick, easy, healthy meals that don't have to be eaten piping hot/can be eaten with one hand! I love cooking but it's too time consuming at the moment! Once we put LO to bed at 8, the temptation is just to order pizza! I have a few to start off:

Spinach and feta omelette with salad
Gnocchi, tomato sauce and Parmesan
Jacket potato, cheese and salad

Caesar salad with grilled chicken breast. Chicken can be from left overs and can be eaten cold. I love this!
Frittata with a variety of fillings, what ever you have in the fridge.
I am not a cook myself but these are two of the things OH makes when he is too tired for a huge cooking session.

Or cook extra on the weekend so u can freeze some meals. Chicken wraps are nice and can be eaten one handed and cold, fried rice is good, I just put peas carrot and corn onion garlic soy sauce with bacon and a little scrambled egg if u want. I make a huge pot coz it still tastes nice the next day. Buy pre cooked chook for the supermarket and eat with salad and use the leftovers for tons of meals.

Potato and leek soup ( only 5 ingredients)
Waldorf salad
Fajitas (fry up some veggies with a seasoning mix and some meat if you like grate so e cheese throw on some salsa and wrap it up you can hold it in one hand)

I love tortilla wraps, with salad and a bit of cheese in. Maybe low fat mayo if I'm feeling adventurous lol
Xx

Gnocchi is one of my most favorite foods! I would love to make it from scratch but I've heard that it is very finicky so I just buy the frozen kind.

My favorite quickie foods are pasta with garlic butter sauce and Parmesan cheese. I also like to sauté tomatoes, garlic, red pepper, and whatever other veggies I feel like (e.g., zucchini, peppers) in olive oil and put on pasta or sometimes rice. If I have time to plan in advance but know I'll need a quick meal, I throw frozen chicken breast and a jar of salsa in the crock pot and let it cook on low all day, get home and shred the chicken, then add low sodium chicken broth and rice in with the chicken and cook on high until the rice is done. The salsa chicken freezes really well too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->