Foods for babies with no teeth

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
For those with older babies (7 month plus) who dont have any teeth

What kinds of things are you giving them?

Obviously with no teeth it limits them somewhat as they can only use their gums to chew.

Im running out of ideas :lol:

I wouldn't worry about it! Niamh bit my finger the other day with her gums, and I can testify that they are pretty good for chomping :rofl:

No teeth hasn't stopped Niamh and she will much apples and other harder foods so I would just see how she goes :)

Fruit is always good though

i give rhys really ripe pears and he kinda knaws at them, thing like bread sticks that they can suck and they kinda go mushy in their mouths with all the baby slobber.

i make scambled egg in the saucepan it seems to go less rubbery than the microwave rhys manages that well as well.

tomato chunks is a nice one once its been chewed on a bit the flesh comes off the skin nicely

x

She loooooves scrambled egg helen, i bloody dont it gets everywhere :lol:

She is a pretty good eater considering she has no teeth, she's eating a cheese toastie right now :lol:

How about some rice dishes, i recently made tyler :

rice, pepper, corquette and tomoto sauce
Pasta, Tuna with a C&G Veggie Sauce

Poppy only just has 2 front teeth but I haven't found her lack of teeth have really restricted what she eats. She's fine with chicken pieces etc although I do still mush up her braising steak as I think that must be hard to chew with just gums :)

Did you use fresh tuna for that or canned tuna? I've been wanting to make a tuna dish for Seren but not sure what to go for

Elliot's got a bit of a tooth but before he got it he was chomping away on apple and spring onion. He was chewing raw celery with his gums at teatime (I could hear it crunching!!!). If you give her something big she won't be able to swallow anything til she's chewed some off x

Jasmine only has 2 bottom teeth, she is a bit older, but I give her banana chunks, or pear, peach chunks... raspberries.... noodles with sauces... toast, arrow roots, those melty snacks for babies... steamed veggies are good too!

I dont give her anything that is hard that she can bite sharp chunks off and choke though.

have you given her pasta? Hannah was eating pasta long before she had any teeth come through :lol:

Joel didnt get his first tooth until 8 months, and i found he could still eat everything lol
xx

Amelie can eat a panini with no teeth so I really think the skys the limit lol

Did you use fresh tuna for that or canned tuna? I've been wanting to make a tuna dish for Seren but not sure what to go for

Ive been using canned Tuna hun x x

We use canned too. Tesco do one in water, so theres no oil or brine.

If it's finger foods you're after, you could try wraps, or bagels. Always a firm fave. Omlete is good too - you can add any filling to that. Hmm - I'll get my thinking cap on!

beth has no teeth, but can bite the end of a breadstick - crunch and she chews away on it.

although she has developed a naughty habit of biting off large chunks of cucumber and holding them in her mouth for ages..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->