foods to avoid...

baby D

Joshua and Amelia x
Reaction score
as you may know, i am slowly weaning Amelia. She is doing great -on two very small (2 tsp) meals each day. Anyway, a week or so ago i tried banana and she became constipated so i left it a week and tried again two days ago - she is STILL constipated so am not going to give her that again for a long while......

My questions are:
What age do you reckon banana will be ok - she loves it :dohh:
Also, are there any other constipating foods i should avoid? She is 5 months old.
Oh and (daft mum alert) can constipation cause tummy pain? Last night Amelia woke a few times more then normal and was obviously in discomfort and was farting away (sorry) so wondered if she was trying to poop and had a tummy ache from the constipation???
Oh and one more - what veg/fruit make for good early foods - have used carrot and sweet potato so far and not sure where to go next!

Thanks for your thoughts ladies :hugs:

Yeah it can def give her a tummy ache if she is constipated. Banana is actually usually a great first food. It's one of those weird fruits, depending on the circumstances it can constipate but it's also known to help ease constipation too...I read how exactly it worked but now I don't remember lol. Are you sure she's actually constipated, when they start solids it can really mess with them a bit at first, their poo will become more solid, and may be more or less frequent just depending on the baby. Hayden couldn't handle bananas though either, but it made him vomit.

Some other foods you can try are apple, pear, peaches, butternut squash (or other varieties of winter squash), peas, green beans. Really any fruits and veggies you can think of. I would avoid any citrus until 12mo, strawberries too..they have a high instance of allergies. Corn as well. wholesomebabyfood.com is a great site about making your own food, when they can have certain things, what fruits and veggies go well together...lots of good info on there. Oh and avocado is another good early food :)

I read that it was 6 months for banana as it can be dodgy on their tummies. I gave her a 1/4 of one for a few days and her poo had lots of black bits in so thought may be effecting her, so am holding off now until 6 months as she did really like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->