Foods to fight inflammation

G

Gingersnaps

I saw this on FB, let me know if you cannot open the link. :flower:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...71135605.45905.222272341214778&type=1&theater

Great little graphic-thanks! I've started putting turmeric in everything I can. My OH takes it for colds, I take it for arthritis/inflammation and it supposedly helps to prevent Alzheimers/Parkinsons too. It's anti-inflammatory factor on nutritiondata is 1523...that's pretty decent!

I am not sure how much is absorbed through tea but Pukka tea makes a great ginger and tumeric tea. It is very warming, great for fall or winter.:cold:
I drink it all the time now for the benefits.

Great little graphic-thanks! I've started putting turmeric in everything I can. My OH takes it for colds, I take it for arthritis/inflammation and it supposedly helps to prevent Alzheimers/Parkinsons too. It's anti-inflammatory factor on nutritiondata is 1523...that's pretty decent!

my BFputs it in clear capsules and takes it for pain from inflammation

thanks for the link...i may try this too...

Can you tell me what the symtoms of inflammation is? What does it do to all of you?

You know when H1N1 came out, overweight people were one of the categories of people who were dying from it. It's because of the inflammation factor. The body was so slow to react to the pathogen (blocked by inflammation around the body) that it couldn't put it's natural guard fast enough. Inflammation hinders pregnancy too. Here's the study:

Overcoming Infertility, Miscarriage & Recurrent Miscarriage Over 40, Naturally
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Infertility, Miscarriage and Pre-eclampsia Linked To Inflammation
"Imflammation" seems to be the new buzzword within the healthcare community. It has been associated with many disorders including premature aging, autoimmune diseases and now with infertility. Here is an interesting article that links inflammation with infertility, miscarriage and pre-eclampsia. Read more:

Recent Study Links Miscarriage and Infertility to Pre-Eclampsia
The Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort Study (MoBa) involved 20,846 first time mothers who self-reported on miscarriage, infertility and complications of pregnancy. Pre-eclampsia was determined from the Medical Birth Registry of Norway. Women who had experienced either miscarriage or infertility had an increased risk of subsequent pre-eclampsia. Those with both prior miscarriage and infertility had more than double the risk of subsequent pre-eclampsia.

Pre-eclampsia Is a Symptom of Inflammation
Pre-eclampsia is a potentially dangerous increase in blood pressure and loss of protein into the urine, proteinuria. Further increase in these symptoms without prompt treatment, could result in eclampsia, seizure. Since pre-eclampsia normally develops during the third trimester, the usual treatment is induction of birth. There is increasing evidence that pre-eclampsia is brought on by increasing oxidative stress, depletion of natural anti-oxidants and depletion of omega-3 fatty acids. It appears that pre-eclampsia can be treated as an omega-3 fatty acid deficiency and inflammation.

Comparison of Normal and Pre-eclamptic Women Reveals Inflammation
In a recent Indian study, blood from normal and pre-eclamptic women was analyzed for symptoms of oxidative stress. Both maternal and umbilical cord samples were analyzed. Blood from pre-eclamptic women showed lower omega-3 fatty acids, higher omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acid ratios, higher oxidative stress and depleted natural antioxidants.

Oh wow that's great info 2have4kids. It's great to get positive validation that cleaning up my diet is helping. When you've been trying for a while and still no bfp, it's easy to get discouraged and eat junk food. Thanks for the motivation! Just had a mango instead of junk for dessert :flower:

Oh wow that's great info 2have4kids. It's great to get positive validation that cleaning up my diet is helping. When you've been trying for a while and still no bfp, it's easy to get discouraged and eat junk food. Thanks for the motivation! Just had a mango instead of junk for dessert :flower:

Ha, you're funny with the mango. You're very welcome with the article. Thank goodness for google & the internet these days! I know what you mean though ttc for so long with no positive results to show. Well, I just wanted to let you know that I have been on a super anti-inflammatory diet this month along with the addition of a few new anti-oxidants to my diet and I just got my BFP this morning.
I'm praying that it sticks. Going to keep up the diet too.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->