Foods to increase milk supply

jenmcn1

Expecting baby #4:)
Reaction score
Hi ladies, my 3rd baby is now 4 months old. I exclusively nurse him, no pumping, no bottles. I eat a very healthy diet. Full of veggies and healthy fats like avocado and coconut oil. My son Hasn't gained any weight in the last month, so I'm looking for ideas on how to increase milk supply incase it's a supply issue. He has a mild lip tie. Any advice would be appreciated. And I won't be doing any supplementing with formula.
Thanks so muh ladies

Has your supply dropped recently is he just not gaining weight?

To stimulate supply you will need to try feed a bit more frequently and allow comfort nursing so long as it doesn't hurt (dry-nursing). Drink lots of water and add oatmeal or oats to your diet. Try a nursing tea with fenugreek in it. These things really helped me when I was trying to boost supply.

Trying drinking a mother's milk tea blend. Most have fennel in them, which helps boost milk supply. I've also had good luck with fennel essential oil (I rub it on my bbs right after I nurse a few times a day.) and pushing fluids big time. And look into lactation cookies. They are loaded with all sorts of milk boosting things.

AS others have said drink lots of water. Eat oatmeal every day (not instant).

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/breas...eastmilk-lactation-cookie-recipe#.VDQlDUKEipo

https://www.breastfeeding-problems.com/increase-milk-supply.html

You're not even sure it's a supply issue...how does the baby behave? Does he seem full after a feeding? Does he suck on a pacifier/thumb? Do you switch sides too fast? Do you have oversupply/foremilk-hindmilk imbalance? Has baby been sick? Is diaper output normal?
I think you should consider the feeding technique, latch, etc before messing with the supply.

You're not even sure it's a supply issue...how does the baby behave? Does he seem full after a feeding? Does he suck on a pacifier/thumb? Do you switch sides too fast? Do you have oversupply/foremilk-hindmilk imbalance? Has baby been sick? Is diaper output normal?
I think you should consider the feeding technique, latch, etc before messing with the supply.

^^This^^
Be very careful about messing with your supply. I've gotten oversupply from drinking the odd cup of fennel tea and it was awful, for both LO and I. I was engorged and leaking everywhere, while she couldn't cope with the amount of milk I had and became very gassy, which is ironic because I was drinking the fennel to help her cope with gas!! She also screamed on the breast etc. I was terrified it would lead to a nursing aversion.

From what you've said on other posts, I don't think you have a problem with your supply. I think I recall from another post that perhaps he was getting too much 'foremilk'? Have you ruled that out?

Definitely check how full he seems after feeding..If he is, then there's nothing wrong with your supply. How often does he feed?

Have you considered getting a consult from a LC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->