For all you nappy makers...

JellyBeann

Son, Daughter, 2 Angels
Reaction score
How do you make your nappies adjustable? I have a friend with a newborn and she wants me to make her some nappies...but I have all my fabric cut into patterns...and I have no way of attatching poppers...Could I use Velcro in a V shape or summat??

I don't think you could use velcro because when you put the nappy on, you tend to pull the front of it quite firmly up between baby's legs. Velcro would just come undone, even some poppers do (Tots Bots ones are quite weak I've found). What kind of nappies are you making? If the outer is ok to sew through (i.e. it doesn't have PUL attached to it), you could maybe use those sew on poppers. I still think normal nappy poppers are the way to go though, there must be a reason that all nappy makers use them! I got a pair of snap pliers and loads of snaps from ebay (from Hong Kong or China I think) for cheap, or you can buy them in the UK too from Eco Earth Fabrics but the pliers alone are twice the price I paid with loads of snaps included.

I started off using velcro (in a 'v' shape) which works fine except for being a pain sewing in.. I'm lazy and hated having to sew the extra bits for washing so bought the snap pliers and they're great!!

I use the darling diapers pattern, I believe there's a free version available that you could google for and I'm sure it would show how to attach the velco, if not, PM me and I'll send you the details!!

edited to add: I say velcro, but that's not the brand I used, I read somewhere that it wasn't suitable and used applix instead!

the only nappy pattern i have seen where it is one size but without snaps is a RRP (rita rump pocket),, which you fold down to smaller size, can't say i have ever used it though

I designed my own pattern, It's nothing fancy, I just took a 'sposie apart and traced it...works really well though...And awesome guys, I shall look into buying a snap press! x

I need to learn to read, didn't realise you were asking about a one size!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->