For anyone who has done the Christmas afternoon tea package at harrods...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPF

Reaction score
Can you tell me what is in the adult afternoon tea sandwiches?

Hubby is really fussy about accompaniments like Mayo / mustard etc - he just can't eat a sandwich that has them in. I can't find a specific menu anywhere so I can't see what he'll eat.

Also, what is included in the mini afternoon tea for kids? Ds can be a bit fussy with sandwiches too *sigh*

Please help - I'm looking forward to this (love afternoon tea!) but I need to be prepared!!

Are you sitting in the Georgian?

Afternoon tea we've had in there was this menu: https://s7ondemand4.scene7.com/is/content/Harrods/TheGeorgianMenu_Oct14pdf

Sandwiches have consisted of cream cheese and smoked salmon, beef and horseradish, cucumber, cheese and chutney, chicken and something etc.

For DD, we've never had a seperate menu, she's just shared from ours so can't advise on that, sorry!

Are you sitting in the Georgian?

Afternoon tea we've had in there was this menu: https://s7ondemand4.scene7.com/is/content/Harrods/TheGeorgianMenu_Oct14pdf

Sandwiches have consisted of cream cheese and smoked salmon, beef and horseradish, cucumber, cheese and chutney, chicken and something etc.

For DD, we've never had a seperate menu, she's just shared from ours so can't advise on that, sorry!

Yes it is the georgian. I did see that menu but it just says 'selection of sandwiches' so thank you for the run down - hubby won't eat smoked salmon, horseradish, cucumber, chutney or mayo......no sandwiches for him.......:wacko:

When we booked for Xmas afternoon tea it def said the little ones had a mini tea for children - had a gingerbread man on I think.....ds won't eat any of those sandwiches either!!

Sorry hun, we've never done the Christmas one so not sure what it may entail. You could email them and ask, I'm sure they would be happy to help.

As for the sarnies for DH, more for you but make sure you nab a cake at least ;) The scones are very nice so he can fill up on those, hehe. But saying that, they may do different fillings for Christmas. xxx

Give them a ring/email and just explain everything and ask for some plain sandwiches, I can't see it being a problem xxx

Yes we went, for the adults sandwiches there was egg mayo, turkey and cranberry, beef and horseradish, cucumber and salmon. Plus a little cheese and spinach tart.

For the children they had breaded chicken sandwich, tuna mayo, peanut butter and jam little FILO pastries, and meatballs in a tomato sauce

Thanks, that's really helpful x

Yes we went, for the adults sandwiches there was egg mayo, turkey and cranberry, beef and horseradish, cucumber and salmon. Plus a little cheese and spinach tart.

For the children they had breaded chicken sandwich, tuna mayo, peanut butter and jam little FILO pastries, and meatballs in a tomato sauce

Sorry, just another question!

Were the sandwiches particularly strong tasting? Like the horseradish / cranberry / spinach etc.....if they aren't too overpowering, hubby might be ok!

I didn't realise the kids menu had things like meatballs and breaded chicken! I'm guessing there's a full array of cake for all as well??

I think you should phone them (I phoned them 2 weeks ago they're very helpful) and tell them your husband has a view preferences (you could even stretch the truth and say allergies) and see what they can do for you.

I might do that. Dh says not to make a fuss and 'he'll make do' etc but it's a lot of money (not that I'm particularly bothered about that, I LOVE afternoon tea!) but I would like him to enjoy it too - he'd really enjoy the beef and the turkey...just not with cranberry / horseradish!

I might do that. Dh says not to make a fuss and 'he'll make do' etc but it's a lot of money (not that I'm particularly bothered about that, I LOVE afternoon tea!) but I would like him to enjoy it too - he'd really enjoy the beef and the turkey...just not with cranberry / horseradish!

Totally understandable! It's a lot of money and you want everyone to enjoy it. Honestly give them a call and request no cranberry and no horseradish it's really not a big ask!

They were so helpful when I phoned them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"