For anyone who has had an episitomy before...

MrsKTB

Mummy to Henry
Reaction score
has your scar started to hurt towards then end with next baby?

Mine is really tender! It did seem to take ages to 'heal' (i dont mean it was an open wound, just that it hurt), i felt bruised down there for a good 6 months after H's birth (breech vaginal delivery though, so that may be why). Just wondered if it was normal? Is it the pressure? Is it because of my previous delivery? Is it because H is only 19 months old?

TIA x

My scar always has stayed a bit sensitive and it's a bit more now. It's probably because of the pressure on it :(

I've had 4 episiotomies and honestly, can't remember it bothering me during pregnancy at all. First one was awful - three way tearing as they cut me cause I vomited right at that moment, others were all standard cuts. Maybe it's just numb down there now from so much scar tissue, but I've never really had it be bothersome.

I've only had natural tears (no episiotomies) but they were 3rd and 4th degree, yet I've had no pain or tenderness after a couple months post partum. Nothing has bothered me later in pregnancy. But everyone is different!

I've always just tore a little and my scars burn every once in a while. Figure part of it is I have sensitive skin and I feel my fibro causes more random pains

Yes it did for me but only with my second eldest after that it never gave me any problems xx

I had a large episiotomy last time, and no problems with it so far :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->