• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

for how long did you stay in hospital

mickey

Reaction score
hi guys,

to all of you who gave birth before, my question:

for how long did you stay in hospital?

normally you stay in there for two days, isn't it?

thinking 'bout what to take with me for entertainment!

thx, Angie

with both of my pregnancys i only stayed in one nite i kept nagging them to come home xx

i stayed in one night with Charlie my first.

On ethan i came home 5 or 6 hours after having him.

On Coby i came home the same day

x

with my 1st i wa sin for near a month, cos chloe was put in scbu, with my 2nd i was out the next day, entertainment wise... u have a baby to tend to ;) any spare time is usually spent sleeping lol!

After having Noah I stayed in 1 night, I think had I had a "normal" delivery I may have been allowed home but I lost quite a lot of blood and couldn't get out of bed until 6pm that night!

I took all sorts to keep us entertained (mini dvd player, mp3 player, magazines & a book) as I was induced so thought I sould be prepared as I didn't know how long we would be there for! The only thing I done was read a mag and that was while I was waiting to be induced! Come labour & contractions time everything done my head in, we tried to watch a dvd but had to turn it off 5 mins in!

You'll prob take the stuff and not use it, but as I said its best to have it and not use it than to not have it and want it!

dont see the point in lugging loads of stuff about only to have to take it home again though, can understand you taking so much lil baby boo as you were induced, but surely a magazine or crossword book or something would suffice :D

sleeping, that's what I thought I will do ;)

in case I have to stay in for longer I will ask OH to bring me in stuff for entertainment later

my bag is already so huge, it is bigger than my suitcase I had with me when I was in India for ONE MONTH :dohh:

can't be bothered 'bout putting in some entertainment there now!

thx :hi:

honestly hun, only time your "stuck" for something to do is usually between visiting times, and nothing a story or 2 from a mag wont fix :D

Hoping I'm out quickly too & will use the pestering method! Well as long as all is 100% ok :D

I was in 3 days, I had a c-section. Was meant to be 5 days but I had to get home!
I got DH to bring things in each time he came to visit. I had loads to fetch home!

I had Ewan 6.30pm on the Monday, and i went home 3pm the next day.
I'd had enough and felt i'd get better care from my husband than i did stuck in hospital. they were quiet and more concerned about having tea and chatting with the othe midwives.

I also want to get out of hospital asap :baby:

If yours is anything like my hospital they'll want you out asap as they'll need your bed.
I gave birth at 6.15pm but by the time I was cleaned up and taken to the ward it was 9.00pm so I had to stay overnight but was out before lunch the next day.

Think it also depends what time of day you give birth, if you have the baby in the morning chances are you'll be allowed out by teatime provided all is ok of course.

Cx

Cx

sleeping, that's what I thought I will do ;)

in case I have to stay in for longer I will ask OH to bring me in stuff for entertainment later

my bag is already so huge, it is bigger than my suitcase I had with me when I was in India for ONE MONTH :dohh:

can't be bothered 'bout putting in some entertainment there now!

thx :hi:

that sure sounds like a lot--- i wouldnt know (first timer) but i would guess a back pack full would suffice

We got to hospital at about 2pm, had her at 7:10pm and just stayed overnight then went home the next afternoon. We were there every day for a week though because Bethanie was in SCBU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->