For ladies who went Overdue..

barack

expecting baby number 1
Reaction score
hi Ladies
i have a few questions for you. i want to asses my chances of going overdue and prepare my self..:haha::haha::haha:
1) were you measuring big in your growth scans or you were small'
2)how were your cycles like before preggo.. on time , always late early ???
3) around 37 weeks were you having any symptoms like period cramps and all or nothing
4):kiss::hugs: thank you for answering

Hiya Hun, as cliche as it sounds, you really don't know what to expect. I had my little girls a day before my due date, without any indication or signs that anything was happening until my waters broke in bed. I measured 2-3 weeks ahead the whole way through and prior to pregnancy my cycles were quite varied, anywhere between 28-32 days but neverthe same 2 months running!

Sorry if that doesn't help, other than to say you can't predict anything! Lol. Even though statistically only 5% of babies are actually born on their due date and that 1st time mums are more likely to go overdue, but obviously it's not guarenteed ;) :flower:

I'm measuring perfectly normal, my cycles--I was an early ovulator(like day CD 10-12) but had a longer luteal phase(16 days) but all in all had a short cycle-26-28 days or so; I also have had TONS of BH, menstrual like cramps, back ache, lightening crotch starting at week 34.

I'm still preggo. BUT, I did a bunch of reading between 35weeks and now enough to realize that every woman is different.

went 3 days over with DD. cycles were 31-32 days. measuring bang on... but at my 40week OB apt was told I was 2cm dilated. still didn't have any signs until 4 days later. I decided "walk the baby out" and went to the gym and walked 4 miles on the TM. Came home had :sex: and then had a nice hot bath - or maybe it was bath then :sex: can't remember now LOL. Cramping started at 3pm she was born at 2am.

hi Ladies
i have a few questions for you. i want to asses my chances of going overdue and prepare my self..:haha::haha::haha:
1) were you measuring big in your growth scans or you were small'
2)how were your cycles like before preggo.. on time , always late early ???
3) around 37 weeks were you having any symptoms like period cramps and all or nothing
4):kiss::hugs: thank you for answering

I'll answer this for DS and for this LO. I had DS at 42 weeks, I'm currently 1 day overdue with LO number 2.

DS
Measuring normal on scans but a few weeks ahead on fundal height.
Cycles were pretty regular- 28-31 days.
Some symptoms, increased Braxton Hicks, loads of loose bowel movements a day.

LO number 2
Measuring normal at my growth scan but behind on fundal height.
Cycles the same as with DS.
Lots of symptoms- contractions, some dilation, sickness and increased bowel movements, lots of cramps and BH's.

I'm with Eleanor here. This is my 2nd time going over.

With #1:
1) always measuring spot on
2) I calculate my due date based on ovulation date and was sure of my dates
3) Regular (every 10 minutes or so) strong BH contractions from 38 weeks on

I was induced at 40+5.

With this one:
1) always measuring spot on, early on, but she is estimated to be a smaller baby than #1 at this point (and I felt sure of that before the weight estimate u/s this past Monday confirmed it)
2) Again, sure of dates
3) Very crampy contractions since about 32 weeks. And I've felt like labor was establishing twice in the last week but it has fizzled on me (Last Saturday I had 1 minute contractions 3 minutes apart for 2 hours; yesterday I had 1 minute contractions every 5-6 minutes for 3 hours).

Currently almost 2 days overdue; have been walking around at least 4cm dilated since this past Monday. :shrug:

Measured 2 weeks ahead all through pregnancy,
Regular cycles
No signs at 37 weeks, strong BH started about 38 weeks

If it helps I:

Measured spot on,
Always had regular cycles,
Had nothing, no BH at all!

Contractions started 41+2 and my little man didn't arrive till 41+4!!

went 3 days over with DD. cycles were 31-32 days. measuring bang on... but at my 40week OB apt was told I was 2cm dilated. still didn't have any signs until 4 days later. I decided "walk the baby out" and went to the gym and walked 4 miles on the TM. Came home had :sex: and then had a nice hot bath - or maybe it was bath then :sex: can't remember now LOL. Cramping started at 3pm she was born at 2am.
:haha: u pretth did everything for baby to come,...

With my first -

measured spot on throughout my pregnancy.

Periods were always on time.

From 37 weeks i had nothing... cant even remember having braxton hicks! I went 11 days over and had to be induced!

With my 2nd..

They said he was going to be a small baby..

Again periods were always on time.

From 35 weeks i was getting really strong braxton hicks. My waters went at 39 weeks and he was born 2 days later! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->