For Makers of Homemade Moby or Similar Wraps

westbrja

Reaction score
What is the best fabric to use? I'm interested in making my own wrap and wasn't sure which fabric was best. Also to make a multi-colored wrap, how many inches/feet would I need for the center piece? You know the center piece that comes up and over baby's back. Does that make sense? Thanks everyone!

Not sure what you mean by centre piece but when I made my moby I bought a decent thick jersey, not too much stretch, and bought 2.5 metres, cut in half lengthways and then joined the two pieces together using a french seam and stretch stitch to create one 5m length.

I bought 5m of knit (stretchy) material. we tapered the ends on the one I currently have but I likely won't both with the next one. This one was $2 a meter so the whole wrap was under $15

I am picking up supplies tomorrow for a woven wrap. Any material with an angular stretch (not horozontal or vertical) should work. I will be using "Osnaburg" which was suggested as the best option because it is breathable... It averages $10/m here but I have a coupon for 50% off 5m at the local fabric store so it should be a pretty good deal (and I should be able to get 2 wraps out of it because of the width

I used 5m of cotton jersey to make mine, and then mine was so wide that I cut it down the cntre and ended up with 2 wraps!!

I would love to make one but would have no idea where to start! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->