for mums with wrap style carriers...some reassurance

shopgirl771

mum to Jacob
Reaction score
i desperatly want to swap from our structured carrier to a wrap style one but my OH is dead set against them feeling that they arent safe.
he knows that they wouldnt be on the market if they werent safe but he wont be swayed.
im trying to find a shop that stocks them locally for a demo as i think this will give him some more confidence in the product but my mothercare doesnt have them neither does M&Ps.

in the mean time is there anyone here who could spare afew words of reassurance about the wrap carriers ie; mei ties or mobys that might convince my OH that they are safe.

thanks
x
:flower:

p.s. as an after thought, which wrap do u use/would u recommend? ill have to do some reasearch and find some reviews.

they are perfectly safe as long as you tie securely and correctly and it's not very difficult :) do you have a sling meet near you? you could take your OH to see for himself and some have sling libraries so you can try before you buy. I would recommend buying a woven wrap like a girasol, didymos, zara, etc over a stretchy at your LO's age. A stretchy would still be good but you would need something more supportive in a few months x

In my opinion they are safer than the structured ones like baby bjorn as with those if one of the clips are done up properly or comes undone the baby would fall out but with a wrap even if the double knot came undone (very unlikely) then they are still so wrapped up in it that they wouldn't fall out, it would have to completely unravel and unwrap itself from around your body for them to fall. I have a Kari me and an ergo baby. I have just started using Jasper in the Ergo now he is 4.5 months and 16lbs but up until now I have been using the stretchy Kari-me. If your new to wrap carriers it may be easier to start with a stretchy type as it does mak it slightly easier to put the baby in but if they are heavier than 16lbs I would go for an ergo. They come in different sizes according to which style of hold you want. I would also recommend getting at least a size 6 as this allows you to do almost all of the different carries including front, side and back. They are expensive but the resale on them is very high and if you are planning on more children then they wear and last forever! Hope this helps x

My husband felt the same way but after a few goes he was happy as Larry with her in it. He had some trial runs round the house first and practised to get the hang of it. Like has been said already, even if it comes undone they are still secure enough for you to have plenty of time to hold them before they fell.

wow thanks ladies.
sling meets?! i think ive heard someone mention those before. will have to look into this and see if there are any near me as that sounds ideal.
i also never realised there were so many optins out there :blush: :wacko:
keep those comments coming.
im off to do some googling :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back