for those mummies using gripe water

baby D

Joshua and Amelia x
Reaction score
Hi all, my daughter is suffering from wind (and silent reflux :cry:) - it is next to impossible to get her to bring it up sometimes :dohh:

OH has bought gripe water to try, it says on the bottle that it can be given before, during or after a feed - what do you do/find most effective?

Thanks for your help x

:hug:

I found that when archie was really bad we gave him infacol at the start of the feed and finished off with a dose of gripe water. If just using gripe water we always give it afterwards. It also helps to give a dummy (if they use one) as this relaxes them allow the air to come up. Also rubbing the back on the left hand side is very good too whilst holding your little one upright by placing a hand at the front.

Hope this helps.

just noticed Amelia's age - isn't gripe water from 2 months+ or have you found a brand suitable from birth?

Thanks x It says 1 month and she is 4 weeks today so pharamacist said she would be fine?

just thought I would check as the one I have is for 2 months plus!! Good luck, hope it helps as there is something quite upsetting about a windy baby, it must be so painful for them.

I use gripe water for Benjamin, he is really windy! I give him some after his feeding if he starts fussing, works like a charm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->