For those spending a fortune on Gaviscon!!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
Just thought Id let UK girlies know that today I picked up a 500ml bottle of gaviscon from the chemist!!! :):)

Was very proud with myself lol!! When my 150ml bottles were costing me over £3 and tasting absolute rancid!! Dont mind so much about the taste now its free :dance:

I only had to speak to receptionist as well and she asked doc and doc wrote the perscription!!! :wohoo:

I just wish I had done it right from the start.... save a few pennies!!

Do it girlies.... get what your entitled to :):)

Hmmm wonder if the tablets are free on prescription!!

U know my feelings on Gaviscon Kerry!!!

xx

Hmmm wonder if the tablets are free on prescription!!

U know my feelings on Gaviscon Kerry!!!

xx

haha.... but Ive tried the rennie tablets and they are even worse!!!

Yep tablets are available to!! Recpetionist asked my preference :):)

Oh praise the lord :happydance:

Tablets are the best!! They're so yummy!!

Aniseed Gaviscon lovely, except the texture, but the taste is yum!! Cant do the mint version! Yuck...

Good to know it's free

Aniseed Gaviscon lovely, except the texture, but the taste is yum!! Cant do the mint version! Yuck...

Good to know it's free

yep its the aniseed one too..... hoping Ill like this one better!!!

The double action one is the one i just cannot cope with :rofl:

LOL great stuff, Hmmm i think we'll be having rather hairy babies!!!

my midwife has been giving me prescriptions for it all along. It looks nice sitting in the cupboard as I have to feel like I'm dying before I will have any!!

I've had 5 bottles already, but the doctor prescribes me peptac liquid. It's much nicer than gaviscon, and i've used it in all my pregnancies. It works a treat!!

I was given Peptac on prescription. Tastes so much nicer and does the job.

so it seems like it was just me who was troddling to the shops and spending a fortune :dohh: lol!!!

I am too Kerry!! I'm gonna ask today when I see the m/w. Do you know if they only let you take the pink one on prescription??? I cant stomach aniseed - :sick: Need the mint one...

x

I am too Kerry!! I'm gonna ask today when I see the m/w. Do you know if they only let you take the pink one on prescription??? I cant stomach aniseed - :sick: Need the mint one...

x

I dont know hun!!! Im sure they have other options!!! She asked me my preference of liquid or tablets but no harm in asking :):)

Ive also been getting huge bottles of gaviscon on prescription-on my 5 or 6th bottle now lol. Sometimes they give me aniseed, other times them int one..not sure why it varies but luckily i like both! Im not paying over a tenner on the stuff!

keely.

I didn't realise you didn't all already know you can get it on prescription! you can ask for just about anything like that and the doctor can prescribe it. Ask for everything as it'll save you pounds!

Just thought Id let UK girlies know that today I picked up a 500ml bottle of gaviscon from the chemist!!! :):)

Was very proud with myself lol!! When my 150ml bottles were costing me over £3 and tasting absolute rancid!! Dont mind so much about the taste now its free :dance:

I only had to speak to receptionist as well and she asked doc and doc wrote the perscription!!! :wohoo:

I just wish I had done it right from the start.... save a few pennies!!

Do it girlies.... get what your entitled to :):)

i have been getting gavi on prescription for the past couple of months now as i had been buying it (expensive) and it was a student midwife who told me my doctor would write a prescription for me. i am saving a fortune now and they give you a big bottle too (peppermint flavour) so it lasts for awhile!

at least we can save some pennies! :happydance: :happydance:

Christine
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back