? For Those That Transferred

A

amjon

For those of you that ended up in the hospital after planning a birth center or homebirth did the MW visit you in the hospital? I was under the care of a MW center when I was pregnant with my daughter. I checked myself into the hospital after talking to the MW about lack of movement and they found she had passed. The hospital told me I had to be induced immediately and admitted me. I called the MW to let them know what was going on and that I was being induced at the hospital. I was there FOUR DAYS and never once got a call from the center or a visit from anyone. I mentioned my hospital experience to another mother that lost a baby (and now has a rainbow) this weekend and she asked what my MW thought about it. I told her they never came to the hospital. She was shocked. Is it typical for the MW to at least make a visit when you are admitted to the hospital (in the US mainly)?

I don't know if it's typical, but I would certainly expect some kind of outreach. You build a relationship with your midwife and for them to ignore that kind of thing is, frankly, pretty heartless.

So sorry for your loss.

i saw my MW once at home with DD1 after the birth, i didnt see her at all after DD2 i saw two other community MW's id never met before!

I know the setup is different in the UK, but I went into hospital to get checked out when my waters broke and showed grade 3 meconium. My midwife wasn't on call that day. We were both fine, but I delivered him in hospital. I rang my midwife the next morning since she was due to visit me at home that afternoon. She was upset that no one had told her I'd delivered. But she did my postnatal checks at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->