for those who tried again right away

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
Background - My baby died on wednesday (my birthday) it was almost 12 weeks and was alive the night before as i was using a dopplar every night. Had my ERCP yesterday, so far had no bleeding and no cramps, been really lucky (thus far). doctors and staff all told me to TTC right away.

Im on anti-biotics which says not to TTC when on it or for 7 days after so i have 2 weeks before i can offically start trying again.

My question is how to do track your days? does everyone monitor the pregnancy hormones? etc

I really dont want to do any pregnancy tests, i dont want to see a positive result that reminds me i just lost my baby. when i see a result again i want it to be because i am actually pregnant again.

just not sure how this all works.thanks for your support ladies, sorry its long

:hugs: so sorry :hugs:

i went thro the say in 2008 and they told me to wait till i knew id had a proper cycle, i did bleed for a while tho and started ttc straight away x

Background - My baby died on wednesday (my birthday) it was almost 12 weeks and was alive the night before as i was using a dopplar every night. Had my ERCP yesterday, so far had no bleeding and no cramps, been really lucky (thus far). doctors and staff all told me to TTC right away.

Im on anti-biotics which says not to TTC when on it or for 7 days after so i have 2 weeks before i can offically start trying again.

My question is how to do track your days? does everyone monitor the pregnancy hormones? etc

I really dont want to do any pregnancy tests, i dont want to see a positive result that reminds me i just lost my baby. when i see a result again i want it to be because i am actually pregnant again.

just not sure how this all works.thanks for your support ladies, sorry its long

Hey Eternal,

So sorry for your loss :hugs::hugs:
I had ERPC on 20th Dec I bled for 2 weeks then started trying again straight away. I did do a couple of HPT's just to see if the hormone had totally left my system, I had a couple of pos and then a neg on tues this week.
I counted the day I had ERPC as CD1 so I had a neg HPT on CD16 then I used OPK's, these were neg until CD18. I think I did ov that day as had bad ov pains, this is normal dates for me as my cycle can be from 32-34 days.
It isn't nice seeing a pos HPT when you know you're not but it has helped me know what is happening to my body xx
Sending you lots of baby dust xx
:dust::dust::dust::dust:

I am so sorry for your loss, how heartbreaking for you and your OH.
I had a D&C on Nov 17th after a mmc at 8 weeks and only bled for 2 days. I tested a week after and HPT was still positive. My period arrived on 20th Dec and we TTC again on NYE when i was ovulating. I did ovulate in the first cycle after D&C, but we were not ready to try again then. I also contracted an infection after the d&c and was on two different antibiotics which really messed me up!

I use cervical mucus method for charting my days and the EPAU told me to count CD1 as the day of the d&c. So i think 2-3 weeks after your d&c should be ok.

Take it easy and big hugs x

Huge :hugs: im so sorry for your loss.

we decided to try again after my son was born sleeping in january last year. i bled for about 10/14 days then actually conceived my rainbow just 26 days after i had given birth. I got my bfp just 6+2 weeks after kasper was born.

i dont know how it works with ercp tho :-(

good luck TTC and hope your bfp is here quickly x

p.s i tested 5 weeks after and got bfn then got bfp 1 week later x

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs: i had an erpc on december 15th and was advised not to BD for 2 weeks or until bleeding had stopped but that other than that it was entirely up to us when we felt ready to TTC again.

I was told to expect AF between 3 and 6 weeks after the ERPC. I'm pretty sure i ovulated just after new year, although i don't chart or anything, i just had a few signs and symptoms, we're using protection at the minute because neither of us feels ready to TTC again yet.

I did conceive Tobias immediately after an early MC, i miscarried Feb 13th 2009 and ovulated and conceived Tobias exactly 2 weeks later but i feel that was different as i was only 5 weeks along, had a complete natural MC at home and felt ready to TTC again as soon as i stopped bleeding and desperately wanted to be pregnant again right away. This time i was 9 weeks along with twins and although the ERPC seemed to go well and i only bled for a week, psychologically it's been rough and i don't feel that my head is in the right place to start TTC just yet :nope:

Hope that helps anyway :hugs:

thanks ladies, I dont know what the right thing to do is, Im so scared of becoming pregnant again but im so scared of not! It took 8 months to conceive this one so im thinking its maybe best to TTC right away.

Im sorry for all your losses ladies, and im so greatful for the support.

Ive still not bled since having the ercp and had no cramping. I still touch my tummy without thinking and go cold knowing my baby isnt there anymore, but more than anything i want to be doing something so i think i should TTC.

Hi. I m/c on 14th December, couldn't face doing an hpt over Christmas so waited until Monday this week as I suspected I was ovulating (using cm method) and wanted to make sure I had a bfn before we started ttc properly, although we had already had a couple of ntnp moments.

I too am confused about dates but I guess if I think I ovulated early this week I'll just wait a few weeks and see if AF shows up, if she doesn't I'll start poas every 5 minutes again lol.

Hi. I m/c on 14th December, couldn't face doing an hpt over Christmas so waited until Monday this week as I suspected I was ovulating (using cm method) and wanted to make sure I had a bfn before we started ttc properly, although we had already had a couple of ntnp moments.

I too am confused about dates but I guess if I think I ovulated early this week I'll just wait a few weeks and see if AF shows up, if she doesn't I'll start poas every 5 minutes again lol.

sorry for ur losses. I too mc'd 12.14 and im unsure of when af should come. but im cramping at the moment. itll be fine ladies:hugs:

I found out I was pregnant on 10/14/10 the month going off birth control pills. So I got pregnant on the first cycle. I had a D&C on December 7th due to MMC. I was 10w5d along but baby only measured 8w5d and there was no heartbeat. I got AF on 1/6/11 and am planning to try again this cycle as the doctor said it would be fine. I am only 27 and am hoping that nothing is wrong with myself or DH that will cause this again.... I am planning to start the "sperm meets egg" plan as I will ovulate next week hopefully. Has anyone tried this and had success after a D&C?

I'm really sorry for your loss. I had a D & E Nov 24 and waited for AF to start to TTC so that I would know for sure what was going on. The time between the loss and AF was a bit odd for me, so I am glad I waited a month... I lost the baby at 14 weeks, so it took a little bit for everything to feel normal again and to fit back into pre-pregnancy clothes.

AF arrived 4 weeks after I passed a clot (5 weeks after the D & E). Presumably I ovulated 2 weeks after passing the clot because I am a clockwork 28 day cycle person. I'm 2DPO now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->