for those with large age gap between children

ShirlWirl

Reaction score
Hi all!
I have a 9 and 7 year old - with my first the labour was horrible! Seriously traumatic even though it was only 13 hours it wad horrible with constant contractions and heartbeat lost uuugh! With my second, I had the easiest labour ever - 45 minutes and 2 pushes!
So, I am panicking a little now - it's been a long time since my last baby and I have been told your body resets itself after 6 years (not sure how true that is!) so I'm thinking I'm going to get another horrible labour.
Does anyone have any experience of this??

Don't have experience but I'm in the same boat.

I will have an 11 year gap between the two times I've gives birth.

My first one was easyish though but I don't think I'm going to find it as easy this time with being older.

Lol - me too... I'm not getting any younger!! I'm 35 and feel old :(

Ill be nearly 31... Lots of women do it much much older with no problems so I'm just keeping that as inspiration. Haha

There's 6years between my 2 - my first labour was 12 hours - needed stitches etc not nice at all - my second was an hour - intense but pretty easy and no stitches even though he was 9lb 2!!

I have 13 yr age gap! And had a horrible first labour 11 hours established, 15 hours from the start of contractions.. Then my 2nd was a perfect labour established labour so 2/3 cms to 10cms in 1hr 20mins, 2 almighty pushes and she was out! I'd give birth everyday if it was like that, no drugs at all, not even gas and air.. We'll see what this time is like?
Good luck ladies.

I had 9 (almost 10) years between #1 and #2 and my experience was the other way around. Super easy groovy birth with #1 and horrific labor and birth with #2. Now to qualify, the second one was born at 37 after PROM and no contractions so there was pitocin, restricted movement, no food or drink other than ice chips for 48 hours, constant fetal monitoring, etc. But in reality, the actual hard labor phase was 1 hour shorter than #1 (3 hrs, as opposed to 4) and we pushed 2 pushes with #2 as opposed to 4 pushes with #1. There's 4 years between #2 and #3 (currently at 36weeks+ with crossed legs hoping it'll cook for a couple more weeks) so I'll let you know what this one is like at a later date.

There will be a 11 and 13 year age gap between my dds and this little man... both there labours were fantastic so I'm hoping for the same X

Thankyou so much ladies! That has definitely given me hope and cheered me up a bit!!

Nice to know other ladies in same boat, I'll have a 13 and a 14 year age gap. Much the same story as others, first labour long and hard second was a piece of cake. Very curious to see how this one will go. Time will tell I suppose!!

Me too, dd will be nearly 14 and I'm hoping this birth will be as straight forward as that one but worried as I'm a lot older now, fx though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->