For woman who have or have had pre aclampsia ?

Cassie96

Mother of one <3
Reaction score
Im 40+3 and ive been fine my whole pregnancy appart from becoming anemic at about 30 weeks but im on iron tablets for them.

So for about a week, I've been feeling dizzy, having hot flushes, getting bad headaches and this may sound strange but ive been seeing these red flying spots infront of me now and again. There just flying round infront of my eyes, these bright red spots. The spots usually lasts about 7-10 seconds but its really wired and hurts my eyes.
So I've searched it up on the Internet and it says they could be symptoms of pre aclampsia, so can yous just tell me if you had any of these things happen before you found out you had pre acampsia?

I don't want to worry if its nothing so please help?

I had pre eclampsia with my girl. I didn't have any symptoms but the mw discovered it at my 38 week check.
This time I'm under consultant led care with checks ever week but they keep sayin I need to go in if I get the flashy spots in front of my eyes or headaches.
I'd just give triage a call and tell them. It's best to just have it checked out x

Can you check your blood pressure? I had pre-e last pregnancy, and I got dizzy spells & had the flashy spots as well with bad headaches. I started feeling dizzy (but it's all day this time) and had a few headaches this week, freaked out, and went and bought a bp machine. It was $20. Anyway, I check my bp 3 times a day and it has been fine. I called the doctor and they had me come in. My bp was great there too. The same reading as my bp machine at home. Anyway, the doctor said everything looks fine with my bp and urine, so the dizziness can be a whole slew of things. Allergies, anxiety, virus. Just check your bp, and call your doctor! I had this general feeling I Had it last time and I felt like complete crap. I was also very short of breath.

I had it last time and I am also being checked weekly. It only takes a BP and urine check for them to see. If you are worried then get it checked.

Mine wasn't picked up until 36 weeks and my main symptom that I was aware of was major swelling. It wasn't really checked last time but my BP and protein shot up at my MW check and I was sent straight to hospital and monitored until I was induced. Mine had become severe so if you are at all worried, insist it is checked. I wish I had :flower:

I had it and it is actually what caused me to be delivered early. My symptoms were nausea, headaches, spots in my eyes, chills, edema with pitting (if you press on swollen parts like legs, an indent remains for a while) and brisk reflexes (meaning if you just tap a little on spots where you usually jerk - knees usually - it jumps very quickly and very hard). I had high protein in my urine which can only be detected on a dip strip or lab test on your urine. I'd give a call to your Dr so maybe you can get it checked out. It can escalate very quickly if that is what it is. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->