For women who's water broke before contractions?

pushmug7

Reaction score
if you experienced multiple births , did your water break before contractions started in all ur labors ??
i had a trickle and an hour later had contractions that werent strong enough stuck at 3 cm with baby very high up .ended up after 30 hours with a c/section
im so afraid of it happening again since im trying for a vbac .

I've had four babies. I had unmistakable, Hollywood-style water breaking with my first and my fourth. With my second, steady contractions started and my water broke afterwards. With my third, had a tiny trickle way up high and I was induced.

I read last night (because I was wondering the same) only 15% of pregnant women have their water breaking be the first big sign of labor. The other 85% have contractions and low backache <---- ME, both times so far....

My waters broke first both times then contractions then a beautiful baby hours after :)

Good luck!

I was induced early with my first, but with my second I had contractions first that gradually built up and then my waters broke right at the end before she was born, and with my third my waters broke first. Contractions didn't start on their own so I was induced, but once things got going it was a very fast, easy delivery.

I have no idea what to expect this time!

im so afraid of being timed after waters break and dont get my vbac :(
im starting to feel i should wait a while before going to the hospital but afraid to do that too:wacko:

My waters 'exploded' in bed then an hour later contractions started quite mild then 12 hours later Macie was born x

My waters never broke naturally with either pregnancy. With ds#1 I was dilated past 6cm (can't remember exactly) then the doc had to break my water after over 12 hours of labor in hospital. With ds#2 water was broken by doc after i was given pitocin to speed things along. (again strong contractions and labor over 12 hours before waters were broke by doc)

Waters went in my first and I was induced, my second I had contractions for 3 days..waters went at 18:19 on day 3 and he was born at 18:28!

Just like emeeorevan I had my waters broke for me, i was already in active labour, i really hope they can break naturally this time.

With my first my waters were broken by the midwife after 20 hours of labour. With my 2nd they broke movie style with a huge gush at 9am and contractions started at 4pm, with baby arriving at 8:17pm

My water broke before I ever had a contraction with both of my pregnancies. One I was asleep, the next I was putting a dvd in! Contractions never started though and I had to be induced both times.

My waters broke with my 1st at 2am, labor was slow and they started potocin to speed things up. Contractions got so bad that I asked for something for the pain so they gave me a shot of something in my arm. After that all contractions stopped and they ended up doing a c section. It was almost a 16 hour long deal from start to finish. I never dilated past 4cm
With my 2nd I had a drs appointment and baby wasnt dropped nor was I even close to dilating so I just opted for another c section.
I have my 3rd c section scheduled to happen on the 6th. I am hoping that Ill get to experience my waters breaking one last time :) it was kind of exciting!

No. First I sprung a leak (hind waters) then my main waters dramatically popped 19hrs later. Contractions started within minutes and I went in to labour naturally. No 2 was almost born in his sack, with waters bursting just before his head came out.

With my first my waters broke at 11am and contractions started at 5pm.

My waters broke yesterday at 8am, 25 hours later and still nothing but painless irregular contractions &#128547;

OH MY how exciting :)
goodluck .
hope everything goes smoothly.:thumbup:

I'm starting to think that everything I read on the internet isn't true!:haha:
Seems like most of you had your water break movie style! LoL! I wish mine would, just for the experience... :/

mine dint break movie style ,it was more like a trickle than a gush (hind waters!) im not sure :shrug:

Waters went at 1:30am (was movie style and involved a heated debate with a midwife with cotton wool for brains as she said it was a trickle until she made me stand up!) Contractions started at 2ish. Had DD at 5:12pm 'normally'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->