• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Formula feeding and newborns

xQuinnx

Reaction score
My little one is 4 days old and is currently on formula. Tonight she has seemed constantly hungry, everytime she seems to be rooting etc we give her formula and she drinks it! It seems an awful lot and on a few occasions she has appears to throw the majority of it up a short while after. Could it be she is eating but not actually hungry? As in we are over feeding her? Anyone any advise on formula and newborns?

How much is she taking each time?
Could u try her with a dummy to see if maybe that settles the rooting? Maybe she needs the sucking for comfort?
At four days old it could be that she is just hungry, especially if she's being sick again leaving her wee tummy empty. Try propping her up after each feed over your should etc might help. Xx

Usually about 2ozs, sometimes 3oz 3 hourly-ish....well at one point tonight it just felt constant! I might try the dummy thank you, do babies usually reject that if they're hungry not wanting comfort?

Usually about 2ozs, sometimes 3oz 3 hourly-ish....well at one point tonight it just felt constant! I might try the dummy thank you, do babies usually reject that if they're hungry not wanting comfort?

Yeah my son always spits out his dummy if he is just hungry so I know it's just a comfort thing when he wakes or cries ages before a feed. I think baby feeding 2-3oz every 3 hours is absolutely normal! She will be growing so quickly now, it will even out. We were the same but now my son takes 6oz every 4 hours at 4 weeks old (he's a hungry little thing lol) so it will get easier xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->