Forward Facing Car Seat?

clairec81

Reaction score
Hi just a wee question -

Erin is 17 months (15 corr) and has always has weight gain issues. She now weighs 16lb 8oz and is still in her rear facing baby car seat. She is struggling to fit in the seat with regards to length and absolutely hates going in it as she is uncomfortable and bored. Anyone else has issues with this and did you break the 20lb rule? :shrug:

Thanks in advance

We did, i think length matters more? I suppose you cant wait until she reaches that weight if she literally doesnt fit it ykwim?Alex was just the same, she was going crackers in the baby car seat and when we swapped her shes been so happy ever since, enjoying car journeys!

Although Leo still has 4" or more of head height left, we're getting the boredom thing.. he is constantly straining to lift his head up to see out of the window, and tries to look over the seat to see his brother. We already have his FF seat which was Tyler's, but I don't see Leo being in it before he's abot 18 months, in the meantime it's going to be hard going!
I think the weight limit is about how effective the seat would be in a crash, like during the testing they decided a baby over so many lb's would be safe x

Have you thought about using a convertible seat? It can still be rear facing until baby reaches the right weight, but it is bigger so that he has the extra room he needs for being long :) And then when he is ready, it turns around to forward facing.

Andrew had a FF car seat for his Christmas present (from my parents!) this year, so he was 16m actual, 13m corrected. There was no way he was 20lb, in fact I don't think he's even that now. He loves being able to see out.

I would not - weight and spine development matter when it comes to a wreck. She will have to learn to bend her legs. I agree with using a convertible seat - not a baby bucket\infant seat that way length won't matter. DD stayed RF until 27lbs & 35 inches and 19 months we turned her last week. We only turned her because she has seizures we planned to keep her RF until 35lbs.

I'm promise I'm not trying to sound or act judgmental. I really do worry about what would happen to your babies neck and spine let alone brain if you were in a crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->