Found a lump while breastfeeding

Maurie

TTC with 1 Angel
Reaction score
I have a 7 1/2 month old dd. She was ebf for the first 6 months and now plays with solids.

She was nursing a couple weeks ago and I felt a pulling. I felt and found a lump, I thought maybe clogged duct. I waited a week before telling my DH. He felt it and knew it was new. I told him I thought maybe it would go away, we called my gyno to make an appointment and she took 2 weeks to get me in, she found it instantly. She said there is no way to know the diagnosis unless we get an ultrasound to see what it is. So I go in the morning, A month after finding it, terrified. Not of cancer, but weaning. I'm sure cancer should scare me more but I love nursing my daughter so much. She loves to nurse and will not take a bottle and isnt quite ready for solids to be a majority of her diet.

I haven't told my husband how scared I actually am. :nope:

Hoping for some positive thoughts and prayers.
Thanks!

Only a few people know, I've tried to keep it quiet until I know the diagnosis for certain.

Just wanted to send some :hugs:.

About two years ago I found a lump and it hurt. They did ultrasounds and determined it was nothing. And eventually it disappeared. Hopefully your lump will be "nothing" like mine was. Some women have lumpy breasts, and that can begin suddenly and totally out of the blue.

:hugs::hugs:

A lump could be a lot of things, sending you hugs though!

I've been in your exact position. When my first LO was around 7 months old I discovered a lump in my breast. They did an ultrasound and determined it was nothing, that hormones had caused the lump and eventually it did go away but it took a really long time (months and months).

It was definitely terrifying though. I remember being more worried about weaning than cancer too. I hope everything turns out great for you and I'm sorry you're going through this. :hugs: It's awful!

I was in this situation last year. I found a lump and the doctor sent me to a breast clinic for examination. I needed a scan and three biopsies and was so scared. Thankfully it turned out to be just an extra large lymph gland and was harmless.

They usually are benign but always best to be checked out for the peace of mind. Keeping my fingers crossed you get answers soon and all is ok :hugs:

I hope it's nothing serious. Sending you hugs :hugs:

They did an ultrasound and THINK mastitis, I'm on antibiotics and they will see if there is any change. I go back in a couple weeks for another ultrasound. They said if there is no change we will have to investigate further. Thank you ladies!!! So glad to hear it could be nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->