Freakin ridiculous neighbours

miraclemomma

Mummy of 1 + pregnant
Reaction score
So, after recently complaining about my neighbours nosey, irritating, rude, bratty kids (I was slightly more diplomatic at the time) peering in through my windows and and over my fence and generally disregarding any desire a normal person would have for privacy....

...their 6 year old just came peering in through my living room window (I'm currently wearing a towel and dealing with strong contractions [side note - fingers crossed]) so after a couple of minutes of me looking back clearly annoyed I went to the front door to ask what she wanted. Said "have you lost something". No response so repeated myself and she said "no" but her mum came out and seemed to shout before I said anything else.
Ten minutes later, the mum is walking down the drive, I assumed to apologise, so I sent my hubby to the door as I'm not really dressed, but no! She's walked straight passed the door to get a better reach at pruning her plants (fine, if you're willing to ask to be on my property) but while her daughter comes with her and stares through my fecking window!!!! Thoroughly irritates I've shut the curtains and said nothing, but I'm really angry!!!!! Sorry, rant over!!!!

Could you not say to the mother what the child is doing? A six year old wouldn't really understand unless its been explained that its rude to do what she is doing.

That's the problem! I have! Several times!!!! I've explained to the child and when that hasn't worked I've asked the parents to stop them (her 9 year old sister is -any different and she is old enough to know better)! And right now the mother is stood in my front garden while her daughter is stood in my garden looking in through the window! And even if the child is too young to fully understand the mother shouldn't be stood in my front garden without my permission and can clearly see that her ) year old has her face pressed against the window so she should probably have a word with her daughter!!! (Not ranting at you! Still annoyed by situation!!) xx

I don't understand! They just wander into your front garden? Are they a sandwich short or something? Where do you live?

Suburban area just outside of sheffield!!! And yep! Front garden, sometimes back garden and press their faces up against the window! We've been sat having a family meal in the garden and they've had all four of them sat on their back bedroom windowsill watching us! Xx

What the hell! That is bloody weird! Have you thought of contacting the local neighbourhood pcso team! This is clearly weirdness!

I think I'm gonna have to! Even on the most basic level it winds my dogs up which makes them bark, which then in turn occasionally wakes up my 2yo so with a newborn as well it's just gonna be chaos!!!! They're an entirely bizarre family! We've tried to be nice about it! The dad complained that I had swimwear on in my garden! Don't look!!!!

He shouldn't be looking in your garden at all!!! What the hell! I was going to say it's a shame it doesn't sound like you have a dog..... But you do and still they come into your garden?!!?! Have you thought of getting locks on your gates? I think pcso team is the best option! They really sound scary to be honest!

Sounds creepy! Coming into my back garden is a total no for me, private property! Do you have a fence up? I'd make it higher! I live in a fairly built up area surrounded by green, we have six feet fences with an extra foot of trellis on for privacy!

Edit, I have a lot of neighbours that can still see in from upstairs windows, but I'd be pretty pissed if they set up shop to have a good old watch!

Id stope being so nice and tell them to p*ss off to be honest! 😠

Thanks ladies!!! Have 6 foot fences! The girls regularly pull chairs up to them to look over (they've also done this to get a better look in my windows!!) I think hubby is gonna go round and have a word! I'm too hormonal to do anything but be evil right now! Xx

Last time I thought you were being a bit ott but wow that seriously is weird. Agree with everyone else, just tell them straight! Looking through windows is weird!

We had a problem tenant who was evicted who continued to show up at both our private residence and the rental property. The police advised us to write them a no trespass order. You'd need to know how/what to write on it so to do it properly (there's loads of info on the Internet about how to do this - include names, the date, the consequences fines & court action your address, etc) but if you then catch them on your property again you can then take them to court and charge them with a fine or successfully apply for a restraining order. Our ex-tenant also breached the restraining order and was charged with criminal harassment. She was stealing the mail from our current tenants, learned their cell phone numbers and started texting them to allow her back onto the property. The Crown Prosecutor made a plea bargain with her wherein if she plead guilty in order to evade being prosecuted and have a criminal record she would maintain a non-criminal record but if she did this to anyone again it would be taken seriously and very likely would include prison time with conviction.

I know these are children but the mother IS responsible for their behaviour and you have the RIGHT to expect privacy on your property. If the mom can't control her kids they shouldn't be outside alone and she should be held responsible if they are. People like this don't re-offend because they're dense, you either haven't been clear enough with talking to her about the issue or they are simply disrespectful and need boundaries set in some form of writing. A no trespass order is simple to create, applies to their family, has no expiry date and will set the tone for future violations. I would sit her down and speak to her personally again, warn her that the next time you have to deal with this you will 1. Call the police because peeping toms are something the police should deal with to help protect your privacy, and 2. She will be slapped with a no trespass order for her family if she can't control her children.

I hate neighbors!!! I have no extra advice, but I can understand the frustration!!

Thanks 2have4kids! Will defo look in to that! Hanni, I know it sounds like I'm whining about kids being kids but if I saw my 2yo do it I'd tell him now that it's inappropriate, and that is before neighbours have already discussed it multiple times! I thought this time I'd give her the benefit of the doubt, ask if she'd lost a ball or something but she just snapped "no"!!! But then to think that she was coming to apologise but she was actually just coming to join in!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->