Freaking myself out about blighted ovum

emicakess

Reaction score
Ugh I accidentally just read a few forums about blighted ovums that were found early... I was on cloud nine for a few days thereuntil that just brought me down to earth again. I had brown spotting in wk5 and still have a little bit sometimes. Had early u/s at 5+4 and only saw sac and yolk. Doc is sending me for another scan 7+5 . She mentioned possible blighted ovum. I thought she was crazy for mentioning that so early! Now reading those forums I'm actually kinda scared... Anyone have any good stories ? ): Thanks girls

Hcg is doubling properly but I'm gonna ask doc for progesterone levels on Monday

If your hcg is doubling then I think you're fine. :) My last pregnancy was a blighted ovum and my hcg never doubled. Looking back, I knew the whole time. I never had a yolk sac either, just an empty gestational sac.

The facts are that you had a yolk sac at your last scan and your numbers are doubling! I think that spells baby. :)

Awe Emmicakess you just can't catch a break can you! I worried about this too...of course i'm pretty sure I worried about everything else before we saw nugget and the heartbeat so I understand. I had a light bleed too and so have a lot of other gals so hang in there (easier said than done). :hugs:

I think once they see a fetal pole you are in the clear. A yolk sac is a good sign but there's some parameter of how big the gestational sac should get before they expect to see it progress to more than a yolk...13mm diameter I believe? When is your next scan hun? Everything you have shared so far points to a healthy nugget for what's it's worth in my limited experience :flower:

The yolk sac being present confirms that there is a pregnancy and it isn't blighted. Brown blood is old blood so could of just been coming away from implantation. 7+ weeks is a bit long to make you wait for another scan! I wouldn't worry too much though hunny, I've also had past bleeds and they only seen the yolk sac to give me another scan at 6+ and there was a hb :winkwink: Good luck xxx

The yolk sac being present confirms that there is a pregnancy and it isn't blighted. Brown blood is old blood so could of just been coming away from implantation. 7+ weeks is a bit long to make you wait for another scan! I wouldn't worry too much though hunny, I've also had past bleeds and they only seen the yolk sac to give me another scan at 6+ and there was a hb :winkwink: Good luck xxx

That's good to know jojo1972 Wiki lead me astray! When I thought I had a blighted ovum I googled (I know I shouldn't have) and the article said it could have a yolk sac. Just goes to show google can be your worst enemy when your worried! Either way I think Emmicakess has a nugget in there :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->