Freaking out!

StephanieRose

Reaction score
I am 35 weeks pregnant, and just found out that my little man has flipped himself and is now breach! My midwife will not deliver a breach baby and says she would send me for a c-section.. which I am terrified of getting!
He is also measuring too big now, so I am getting sent off for a growth scan to see if he is developed enough for him to come at the next two weeks!
I would love to meet me little man soon, but I really don't want to have to get a c-section!

Oh dear... good luck with everything, and I'll keep my fingers crossed so that you won't need a c-section.

You can ask for an aversion which is when they either press down on your stomach to adjust your baby to turn so he can come out vaginally or they wait till your dilated enough and stick there hand in your vagina to turn the baby around. Try to avoid c section as much as possible. He shouldnt be measuring "to big" my friend birthed a 13 pound 4 oz baby boy vaginally. and he still has a bit of time to turn back around on his own tell your midwife you want to go full term its the best for your baby boy. Some babys dont turn until you go into labor <3 Good luck and keep me updated <3:)

They want to try avoid an aversion because I have a lot of damage done to my body this past month due to my pregnancy, and it apparently less risky to just have a C-section because they don't want my placenta to detach.. something along those lines but sounded a lot more medical haha. They think he is measuring too big for my body size/shape to keep carrying him, and my body is starting to not be able to provide him with everything he needs which is making me really sick and been spending a lot of time in hospital, he has already bruised my hip bones and fractured a rib so they want to check his size and development so he can be delivered early and get what he needs through milk instead of my body. Which is horrible because I really wanted to go full term and have a natural birth... fingers crossed that my midwife is wrong and things will go to plan :)

Aversions are a lot safer than c section but maybe not for you because i dont know you personally. But im friend was 115 before her pregnancy and at 40 weeks was 155 and still delivered a healthy baby boy who was 13 pounds 4 oz. she did have 1 or 2 broken ribs but oddly they healed pretty fast. Its amazing what medical science can do so weigh all your options before being scheduled a c-section but some midwives and doctors are wrong so always get a second opinion! let me know how the appointment goes.!

Awww hun! Keep us updated yeah? Your little man must be eager to meet his mummy. I don't know anything about c-sections but by the sound of it you really don't want one so I have my fingers crossed for you xxx

Good luck with everything. Fingers crossed you won't need a C-section! Keep us updated!

I'm having a sectionbon Tuesday so I'll happily answer any questions afterwards. I know loads of people who've had sections and i dont think they're as bad as people assume they are. Hopefully he flips himself back round!

You can always see a chiropractor, and they tend to have a few ways to aid in turning a breech baby :flower:

My mom had four sections. Just don't get scared. Baby still has plenty of time to flip. Noah didn't go head down until about 38 wks.

LO still has a couple of weeks to turn. Try not to worry too much.
I hope you get the birth you want x

your baby has time to flip....m last son was breach and i was told to get on my hands and knees a few minutes a day and rock back and forth....this nudges the baby to turn gently and naturally...

good luck...again there right..my son flipped the day before he came..(no ce seccion)

Try not to worry too much :)

I have known since the beginning of my pregnancy that I would be having a C section no matter what due to previous surgeries I have had and scarring in the area (non pregnancy related).

It did worry me at first because I always wanted a natural birth but I've decided that as long as my baby comes out healthy then it doesn't matter too much how she comes out :)

Good luck! xx

Try not to worry too much :)

I have known since the beginning of my pregnancy that I would be having a C section no matter what due to previous surgeries I have had and scarring in the area (non pregnancy related).

It did worry me at first because I always wanted a natural birth but I've decided that as long as my baby comes out healthy then it doesn't matter too much how she comes out :)

Good luck! xx

that is a really good way to look at it...

thank you for putting that up :)

Hope I'm not too late, but there are lots of ways to naturally turn baby! :)

Doing stretches that involve being on your hands and knees, rocking back and forth while on your knees.
There's also this thing called sifting (sounds weird, I know, but it has worked for tons of moms that I know!). Basically you get on your hands and knees and make a sort of "sling" around your belly for baby to rest in, and two people on either side of you rock the sling back and forth as to rock the baby in the sling. Your belly should be mostly supported and you should be totally comfortable. Here's a video if you want https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p2cd2P63Q4

IF the c-section ends up being totally necessary, than good luck to you! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->