Freaking out

rockstarlove9

Reaction score
So my best friends friend just lost her baby at 21 weeks due to incompetent cervix and so I decided to search over google for signs. One of them is passing globs of your mucus plus and I'm worried I maybe. I have thick moderately stretchy mucus often and am afraid I maybe passing parts of mucus plug. Is that type of discharge normal or should I contact my doc I'm seriously on the verge of an anxiety attack about this please help

I had to wear a liner for the second half of my first pregnancy because of discharge. I also had a couple yeast infections thrown in there. Lots of things can cause increased discharge. I'd bring it up at your next doc visit or call earlier if there are any other reasons. You may want to call and talk to a nurse in your Ob practice just for reassurance.

Google is rarely a pregnant woman's friend, but we all do it.

I think you are probably fine. With your mucus plug, I don't think you'd be getting lots of it and often. It's fairly small. It'd come out in a few episodes and only little bits at a time. Discharge is very common. Pre-pregnancy I had virtually none my whole adult life but it's noticeable in pregnancy. And definitely quite thick! It sits on top of the toilet paper..! But if you are really worried, collect some and take it to your doctor/midwife for them to check. Or if you don't want to do that, just go see your doc and explain the circumstances and your anxiety. I'm sure they'll be able to talk you through it and help ease your worry.

Don't google.. its the devil. Speak to the professionals! And don't panic, if you've had no other symptoms or problems in your pregnancy, I'm sure all is OK!

I second the others, Google is the devil. I totally understand your fear. My mom lost two babies to IC: 20 and 26 weeks. So my whole pregnancy she kept saying she couldn't be excited because poop happens. She also lost her firstborn at one day old. The rest of us were all premies (32w). But even with that family history, my gyn hasn't worried. Your pregnancy is healthy and they do check your cervix at scans. But my advice is call, talk to your gyn. I went on an emo rant my first appointment and cried for 30m and when I apologized my gyn said it is her job to support me through pregnancy not just run tests and do medical stuff. So totally give them a ring to get some peace of mind :)

My cervix was checked via transvaginal ultrasound at my 20 week scan, maybe you can ask for one too?

So my best friends friend just lost her baby at 21 weeks due to incompetent cervix and so I decided to search over google for signs. One of them is passing globs of your mucus plus and I'm worried I maybe. I have thick moderately stretchy mucus often and am afraid I maybe passing parts of mucus plug. Is that type of discharge normal or should I contact my doc I'm seriously on the verge of an anxiety attack about this please help

normally mucus plug has blood in it i think?? I have TONS of mucus...its pretty normal

Losing mucus is totally normal, hun. It regenerates throughout pregnancy. They should have measured your cervix length at your anatomy scan and that often gives a good indication of whether or not you will go full term. My grandmother had cervical incompetence and had all her babies early. All lived except one. She unfortunately passed it on to my cousin but with recent technology my cousin was able to get a stitch in her cervix to stop her from going into premature labor. My cervix is also pretty flimsy, more than likely from genetics, so all of my babies were born before their due dates. I begin dilating around 35/36 weeks and usually walk around with my cervix at 3/4 cm for a week or two. This gives me the advantage of quick births when I finally do go into labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->