Freezable Finger Food ideas please!

Becky61

Mummy & TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi,

My LO has always enjoyed purees at breakfast and dinner, and finger foods at lunch (sandwiches, toast, fruit, veg etc). Just recently, he is point blank refusing to be spoon fed (apart from Petit Filous!), so i am having to give him finger foods at breakfast and dinner too. Finger foods at breakfast seem easy enough, but i am finding it a challange to think of finger foods for dinner.

I am on my own, so find cooking for 1 + a baby really hard work, so would love recipes/ideas that are suitable for freezing, so i can grab them as and when.

So, any of you wonderful ladies got any wonderful ideas on Freezable Finger Foods for dinners?

Thanks!

X

I just stopped thinking of foods as "finger" food and decided that he could just pick if up with his hands and eat when he did the same! We now eat the same meals most of the time, or I cook a batch and freeze in portions.

Examples that we eat:
Chicken nuggets (chop chicken breast, dip in pesto, roll in breadcrumbs bake 20 mins)
Fish fingers
Meatballs
Macaroni cheese
Spag Bol
Quiche
Potato and leek bake
Salmon
Fishcakes
Roast dinner

I always have a bag of frozen veggies to hand so I can add veg. Pasta and potatoes are also quick and easy!

Great ideas mwah_xx thank you!

Do you make your own quiche/fish fingers/fish cakes/meat balls?

Im sure the would be freezable too wouldnt they?

And frozen veg... Great idea! My fresh veg is always going to waste, and i cant afford to keep throwing it away!

X

definately use frozen veg. much cheaper & less waste.
LO was basically having what i was at that age. so anything really just watching the salt content..

i would also cook enough for 4 people & freeze what we didnt eat. xx

Great ideas mwah_xx thank you!

Do you make your own quiche/fish fingers/fish cakes/meat balls?

Im sure the would be freezable too wouldnt they?

And frozen veg... Great idea! My fresh veg is always going to waste, and i cant afford to keep throwing it away!

X

The only thing I don't make is my own fishfingers as I dont like touching raw fish! Though I'd guess they'd be easy!

All of that is freezable and most of what is in my freezer now!

I don't cook with salt anyway so I've no issue feeding LO what I'm eating if I've made it myself!

We found the recipes here were great if you want to cook in batches and freeze. We've frozen the carrot quinoa balls and the spinach and feta muffins and both worked great.

https://littlegrazers.com/finger-foods/#.UmVNRoWaM7A

Also, I made some mini pasties that froze well (raw, just thaw overnight in the fridge and bake). I put sweet potato, broccoli and cheese in them, but you could do any veg or meat you happen to have too much of.

Plus, soups work well frozen. Then I just give them with bread dippers to soak the soup up so she can eat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->