Freezer food?

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
I posted this in the 3rd tri but Id like to hear from moms who've been through it:

hey, so all the books say youll get this great nesting instinct and suggest filling up the freezer with meals.

Has anyone done this? was it worth it? what kind of food did you make and when did you start doing it?

My ideas so far include: a chicken, lasagna, spaghetti and meat sauce, a soup, box pizza, meat balls... any other ideas?

I had made some pies (chicken pie, meat pie, salmon pie) Also bought LOADS of frozen fruits to make smoothies (they are amazing when you wanna lose weight post-partum) Also prepared lots of grilled chicken, grilled steak, grilled shrimps so I can add to a salad.

I started doing it in the last month of my pregnancy. I still have some in the freezer, and I'm so happy I've done it because it was very handy. You won't feel like cooking, you'll be tired!

good luck !x

I didnt do it, but after having the kids i only ate sandwiches for about 3/4 weeks coz it was the only thing i could quickly grab and eat. So if id have thought of it i would have done it. Brilliant idea!
How about making up a spag bol or chilli con carne?? Then all you have to do is microwave it when you want it and cook up some pasta. The time it took me to make a sarnie lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->