Freezing food.

lauzliddle

Alfie and mollys mummy
Reaction score
After i have made up some purées and mixed them with formula or breast milk can i still freeze them?

And roughly how long for?

No meats involved at the min all just fruit and veg.

Sorry if this looks like i am a bit dumb but i am a first time mum and most of my family just fed babies on jars :)

Thanks

I would say 3 months max cos thats the amount of time you can freeze breastmilk for.

i wouldnt like to comment on how long if it includes formula hun as i didnt know it could be frozen so hopefully someone will come and answer soon i would say for the puree on its own 3 months would be ok

Lou
xxx

Breastmilk can actually be frozen 3-6mo in a regular freezer, 6-12mo in a deep freeze. When I did it I froze them for no more than 6mo max.

I am wanting to just make up a few batches of sweet potato (with breast milk), butter nut squash (with breast milk again) and apple with just the juices off cooking. i am thinking to keep them for 3 months in a deep freeze freezer.

Do you think this will be OK?

Yeah I did it with both sweet potatoes and butternut squash with breastmilk and I did it before he was actually eating it so it was in there for like 4-5mo before he got to it but it was completely fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->