Frequency of burps?

Sbmack

Reaction score
My DD is almost three weeks and EBF. She rarely burps. I'm wondering how often other breastfed babies burp. How long does it take to get a burp usually?

My pediatrician said breastfed babies don't burp as much, but my LO often seems gassy and has reflux so I want to help her relieve the pain.

I struggled with this at first, because I thought you didn't have to burp breastfed babies! Turns out my boy needs burping after (or during) nearly every feed!

I looked at different methods on the Internet but high up over the shoulder and patting his back works best for me - we had to learn to get comfortable at it though! Try for about 10mins - them put baby down and try again later (sometimes burp comes out second try immediately! ).

Can tell he's gassy cuz he headbutts booby and growls and his face goes red.

I recommend googling dif burping positions, find one you are comfortable with and preserve - burps will come :)

Thanks, Rachy! I have looked up various burping positions on YouTube. She seemed to get a couple out sitting up, but then I read it's not good for babies with reflux so I've mostly been burping over the shoulder. I'll get one here and there, but not as often as I'd like. I just have to keep at it for longer...

I have a very gassy baby too. She is nearly 4 months and finally the burps are coming a bit easier. I found holding baby over the shoulder and both patting gently and rubbing to be the best. I read somewhere recently that a baby's stomach is on the left side below the ribs. I dont know if this it true or not but mixing the patting with the rubbing seems to work for me. I also have to use gripe water occasionally. I find that pretty effective as a last resort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->